TWP AT POE

Old Nov 19th 2008, 4:03 pm
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of
Default Re: TWP AT POE

As Lucycrow has already stated 4-6 weeks is cutting it fine for a TWP. We have been waiting over 8 weeks and now OH has decided to go for TWP at POE coz this waiting is just killing everyone.

So don't presume 4 weeks or you may be very dissappointed.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

scousemartin has a spectacular aura aboutscousemartin has a spectacular aura aboutscousemartin has a spectacular aura about

My concern with the TWP application and IT LMO exception is with the job title. I'd say my job offer comes under 'MIS Software Designer' but it's called 'Data Analyst' on the job offer. I can't see how an Immigration official at the airport would know they are equivelent. Should I twist the arm of the company offering me the job and say make the job title 'MIS Software Designer'. They are reluctant to do this.

SM
Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

ukhrconsultantincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scousemartin
Wow! I'm about to submit my TWP application to CHC in London. I also think/hope my job comes under the IT jobs that don't require LMO. I was worried about delays due to Xmas hols, maybe I should just turn up in Calgary and hope for the best! No I don't think my nerves could stand it. What documentation did you bring along to POE?

SM
i applied for my LMO in the middle of september and still have not heard!. just got to be patient........best of luck
Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

lisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud of

Hello, we are not waitng for TWP because we are doing that at POE , we are waiting on LMO and as the Lawyer said because my OH is on the skilled workers route they are going through quick! was told if we wanted TWP from Canada house then they are taking from 6 weeks, so thats why we have decided to do the POE.

Lawyers said Alberta are one of the quickest so lets hope so! fingers crossed
Old Nov 19th 2008, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

berkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura about

My company applied for LMO in Ontario and they got refused have asked whether I wanted to go BC instead, no problem says I , they have PNP.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light

My concern with the TWP application and IT LMO exception is with the job title. I'd say my job offer comes under 'MIS Software Designer' but it's called 'Data Analyst' on the job offer. I can't see how an Immigration official at the airport would know they are equivelent. Should I twist the arm of the company offering me the job and say make the job title 'MIS Software Designer'. They are reluctant to do this.

SM
I think it is worth getting them to do this. It's beneficial to both of you surely to get you through immigration in the simplest way possible? They can change it afterwards if they are bothered, like having both a temporary and a permanent job offer, but only showing the temporary one at the border.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi all,

How long have you all been waiting for your LMO, we had quite a long wait for ours. Really don't recommend you going POE without your LMO, friends of ours did this and they had a right grilling.

We waiting to receive everything through the post, LMO. TWP Open WP and study permits, it has been a long drawn out process, but finally we have all the documentation ready, just selling the house and planning/hoping to get to Calgary mid Jan.

Good luck to you all
regards,
Carl
Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

SM
Originally Posted by nooka
I think it is worth getting them to do this. It's beneficial to both of you surely to get you through immigration in the simplest way possible? They can change it afterwards if they are bothered, like having both a temporary and a permanent job offer, but only showing the temporary one at the border.

As Nooka says we have been told categorically the job description title must be as on LMO exempt list or they won't do it, so yes get it changed,

Wish you luck,

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Hi all,

How long have you all been waiting for your LMO, we had quite a long wait for ours. Really don't recommend you going POE without your LMO, friends of ours did this and they had a right grilling.

We waiting to receive everything through the post, LMO. TWP Open WP and study permits, it has been a long drawn out process, but finally we have all the documentation ready, just selling the house and planning/hoping to get to Calgary mid Jan.

Good luck to you all
regards,
Carl
Agree unless you are LMO exempt you need your LMO someone was refused recently and had to fly back because he didn't have his LMO

Good luck with the house sale Gibbos
Have you watched that new program about selling in the property crash its on now on BBC How to survive the property crises, very good and quite encouraging
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I got my job offer yesterday and will start work in Edmonton on 05/01/09. I come under one of the 7 IT job descriptions exempt for requiring LMO.

I need to make a decision this weekend about whether to apply through London or at POE. I'm seeing contradictory advice here in this thread - can someone (from experience) confirm the questions asked by officials at POE - I presume if you have all documentation it is unlikely entry would be refused?

Thanks
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:44 pm

Rainey69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, we arrived at Calgary a year ago, did TWP at POE, 20 mins, no problem.....very easy way of doing it I think more people are doing this now as it is quicker and easier than waitnig for CHC. Good luck to everyone on their way. xx
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

I did it at the POE (Pearson Int, Toronto) with no problems, they hardly glanced at the application, they were mainly interested in the LMO and offer of employment.

I made sure I had filled out the app properly though and brought every peice of paper I thought I may need in a nice big folder, worried all the trip and then just breezed through.

Just don't forget the passport
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PeterF
I did it at the POE (Pearson Int, Toronto) with no problems, they hardly glanced at the application, they were mainly interested in the LMO and offer of employment.

I made sure I had filled out the app properly though and brought every peice of paper I thought I may need in a nice big folder, worried all the trip and then just breezed through.

Just don't forget the passport
Thanks, I just don't want to have any unforseen issues that would prevent entry for the sake of going through London. Only issue is it seems to be taking 8 weeks or longer for the paperwork turnaround...

Decisions Decisions
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rainey69
Hi all, we arrived at Calgary a year ago, did TWP at POE, 20 mins, no problem.....very easy way of doing it I think more people are doing this now as it is quicker and easier than waitnig for CHC. Good luck to everyone on their way. xx
Hi Rainey69

I'm doing it through Edmonton if I go POE - what is the process exactly? What point at customs do you do the paperwork?

Cheers
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 10:02 pm
bhk
Account Closed

bhk is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no standard procedure, depends on who/where/when/how did it...overall POE is straight forward.

If you insist to complicate 1+2, this is for you...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...enf/enf04e.pdf

Originally Posted by stuabroad
Hi Rainey69

I'm doing it through Edmonton if I go POE - what is the process exactly? What point at customs do you do the paperwork?

Cheers
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light

We got very brief questions from the customs guy, and none from immigration. But we came through a very quiet land border and had to wait half an hour for the immigration person to arrive, so the customs person did the preliminary, I guess just to check before processing the car. He asked who my husband was going to work for and what they did, but not much more than that. I'd certainly go for it as eight weeks is a long time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.