Wikiposts

TWP/PNP/PR

Old Sep 15th 2011, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

keelan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP/PNP/PR

Hey guys, so hopefully you can help me out (once again).

So currently my employer applied for PNP back in February which is suppose to be a 90 day turn around (?) with the postal strike and them moving offices (which they made nobody aware of) has turned a 90 day into 6 month+.

Worried my employer contact them and immigration mailed an official letter stating that it will not be back before expiry of my TWP (21st Sept).

Original i was told that it doesn't matter i can just stay but not work until my employer is accepted into the PNP which then allows me to apply for PR. Which means i can use that to apply/extend a TWP until a decision is made on my PR.

But now i have found out (if i am correct) that this isn't the case, you need a valid TWP to apply for PR.

So i decide i am going to speak to immigration and our immigration lawyer tomorrow (Friday 15th Sept).

I grab my passport and take a quick look at my visa and it turns out my visa already expired on the 11th not the 21st as i thought, i am not sure how i missed this and i am now kicking myself.

So am i allowed to legally be in Canada, not working as a "visitor" or do i need to apply for some separate visitor visa?

If so to the above then what can i do to reinstate/extend my TWP until my employer is in the PNP and i can apply for PR?

I was planning on calling them tomorrow and explaining the situation and because of the whole postal strike and the immigration delays due to moving offices has caused a huge delay in this and hoping that with $150 TWP & reinstate fee of $200 that they can reinstate my TWP for X months until my employers PNP decision is made.

I have been in Ottawa, Ontario since 2009, originally on a BUNAC visa from the UK then a 1 Year LMO.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 5:20 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP/PNP/PR

Hi

Originally Posted by keelan
Hey guys, so hopefully you can help me out (once again).

So currently my employer applied for PNP back in February which is suppose to be a 90 day turn around (?) with the postal strike and them moving offices (which they made nobody aware of) has turned a 90 day into 6 month+.

Worried my employer contact them and immigration mailed an official letter stating that it will not be back before expiry of my TWP (21st Sept).

Original i was told that it doesn't matter i can just stay but not work until my employer is accepted into the PNP which then allows me to apply for PR. Which means i can use that to apply/extend a TWP until a decision is made on my PR.

But now i have found out (if i am correct) that this isn't the case, you need a valid TWP to apply for PR.

So i decide i am going to speak to immigration and our immigration lawyer tomorrow (Friday 15th Sept).

I grab my passport and take a quick look at my visa and it turns out my visa already expired on the 11th not the 21st as i thought, i am not sure how i missed this and i am now kicking myself.

So am i allowed to legally be in Canada, not working as a "visitor" or do i need to apply for some separate visitor visa?

If so to the above then what can i do to reinstate/extend my TWP until my employer is in the PNP and i can apply for PR?

I was planning on calling them tomorrow and explaining the situation and because of the whole postal strike and the immigration delays due to moving offices has caused a huge delay in this and hoping that with $150 TWP & reinstate fee of $200 that they can reinstate my TWP for X months until my employers PNP decision is made.

I have been in Ottawa, Ontario since 2009, originally on a BUNAC visa from the UK then a 1 Year LMO.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1. Without an LMO you can't extend your TWP. As it is expired, you can apply for reinstatement as a visitor. You don't have status at the moment.
2. If you get the PNP nomination, then you could apply for a work permit with the nomination letter at the POE.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

alimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Without an LMO you can't extend your TWP. As it is expired, you can apply for reinstatement as a visitor. You don't have status at the moment.
2. If you get the PNP nomination, then you could apply for a work permit with the nomination letter at the POE.
Hi all,

I want help PNP Alberta, how to apply I have been working in Telecommunication field and 17 years experience, I have both qualification, B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) and 4 years Diploma in Electronics.
please guide me what is the 1st step and where can I get more information.
thank you in advance.
Syed
Old Sep 17th 2011, 4:43 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by alimehdi
Hi all,

I want help PNP Alberta, how to apply I have been working in Telecommunication field and 17 years experience, I have both qualification, B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) and 4 years Diploma in Electronics.
please guide me what is the 1st step and where can I get more information.
thank you in advance.
Syed
See: http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...nt-stream.aspx

But it doesn't appear that your occupation is on the strategic recruitment stream. So without a job offer, not very promising.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

alimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

See: http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...nt-stream.aspx

But it doesn't appear that your occupation is on the strategic recruitment stream. So without a job offer, not very promising.
Dear,

Thanks, what will happend if I will complete my application and submit all documents and experince certificate to London office without PNP, as Telecommunication catagory -NOC 7246 skilled worker??
what do you think??
Regards
Syed
Old Sep 17th 2011, 7:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Dear,

Thanks, what will happend if I will complete my application and submit all documents and experince certificate to London office without PNP, as Telecommunication catagory -NOC 7246 skilled worker??
what do you think??
Regards
Syed
You must have a job offer approved by HRSDC to be eligible to apply as a Skilled Worker, do you have one?
Old Sep 17th 2011, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You must have a job offer approved by HRSDC to be eligible to apply as a Skilled Worker, do you have one?
Dear Christmasoompa,
Thanks, I am not going to apply for PNP, in general if my occupation available NOC list which is "Telecommunication Technician NOC-7246-B" than I think no need HRSDC, I just download all respective form and apply by mail, this is my understanding???
please advise me more??
regards
Syed
Old Sep 17th 2011, 8:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Christmasoompa,
Thanks, I am not going to apply for PNP, in general if my occupation available NOC list which is "Telecommunication Technician NOC-7246-B" than I think no need HRSDC, I just download all respective form and apply by mail, this is my understanding???
please advise me more??
regards
Syed
No, sorry, but you've misunderstood. There are only 29 occupations that are eligible to apply as Skilled Worker without a job offer (category 1), and 7246 is not one of them. You would only be able to apply under category 2 (aranged employment), for which you would need a job offer.

Here is the link to the CIC website page which tells you who can apply without a job offer - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...tions.asp#list

HTH
Old Sep 17th 2011, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

No, sorry, but you've misunderstood. There are only 29 occupations that are eligible to apply as Skilled Worker without a job offer (category 1), and 7246 is not one of them. You would only be able to apply under category 2 (aranged employment), for which you would need a job offer.

Here is the link to the CIC website page which tells you who can apply without a job offer - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...tions.asp#list

HTH
Contractors and Supervisors, Electrical Trades and Telecommunications Occupations (NOC 7212-B) as per NOC 29 occupation"Telecommunications Installation and Repair Workers (7246) and Cable Television Service and Maintenance"
please advise I check put 7241 to search my occupation and its showing above job there avaialable.."Electricians (Except Industrial and Power System) (NOC 7241-B)" please reconfirm me?
Regards
Syed
Old Sep 17th 2011, 8:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Contractors and Supervisors, Electrical Trades and Telecommunications Occupations (NOC 7212-B) as per NOC 29 occupation"Telecommunications Installation and Repair Workers (7246) and Cable Television Service and Maintenance"
please advise I check put 7241 to search my occupation and its showing above job there avaialable.."Electricians (Except Industrial and Power System) (NOC 7241-B)" please reconfirm me?
Regards
Syed
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are asking. Neither 7212 or 7246 are on the list of occupations for FSW. Did you read the link I gave you - only those occupations listed are eligible, and none of the ones you've mentioned above are on that list.

As the link I gave you clearly says, you need either a job offer, or a year's experience in a job on the list.

7241 is on the list, but from what you've said you are not an electrician.

Does that make it clearer?
Old Sep 17th 2011, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are asking. Neither 7212 or 7246 are on the list of occupations for FSW. Did you read the link I gave you - only those occupations listed are eligible, and none of the ones you've mentioned above are on that list.

As the link I gave you clearly says, you need either a job offer, or a year's experience in a job on the list.

7241 is on the list, but from what you've said you are not an electrician.

Does that make it clearer?
yes dear I understand, please try to open this link below and search 7241.
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...6/Welcome.aspx
you may found "Electricians (Except Industrial and Power System) (NOC 7241-B)" and on the right side you also found related occupation "Contractors and Supervisors, Electrical Trades and Telecommunications Occupations (NOC 7212-B" here you found that "Telecommunications Installation and Repair Workers (7246)"..
is this right please follow my steps you may understand what I meant?
really appriciate your prompt reply and seriousnes.

regards
Syed
Old Sep 17th 2011, 8:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

yes dear I understand, please try to open this link below and search 7241.
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...6/Welcome.aspx
you may found "Electricians (Except Industrial and Power System) (NOC 7241-B)" and on the right side you also found related occupation "Contractors and Supervisors, Electrical Trades and Telecommunications Occupations (NOC 7212-B" here you found that "Telecommunications Installation and Repair Workers (7246)"..
is this right please follow my steps you may understand what I meant?
really appriciate your prompt reply and seriousnes.

regards
Syed
Unfortunately, the 'related occupations' bit isn't relevant to a FSW application. Just because your job is a 'related occupation' to one of the 29 eligible ones for FSW cat 1, it doesn't mean you can apply.

It really is only the 29 occupations that can apply, and if your job isn't on that list, you'd need a job offer to qualify.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Unfortunately, the 'related occupations' bit isn't relevant to a FSW application. Just because your job is a 'related occupation' to one of the 29 eligible ones for FSW cat 1, it doesn't mean you can apply.

It really is only the 29 occupations that can apply, and if your job isn't on that list, you'd need a job offer to qualify.
Dear,

really appriciated your usefull information.
please advise may I eligible for PNP for any territory in Canada or as you mentioned my occupation not listed so what to do??
Syed
Old Sep 17th 2011, 9:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Dear,

really appriciated your usefull information.
please advise may I eligible for PNP for any territory in Canada or as you mentioned my occupation not listed so what to do??
Syed
Without knowing everything about you (i.e. if you have any Canadian relatives, your net worth, your previous work history, your spouse's employment history etc), then nobody can tell you if you are eligible for a visa - you need to find this out yourself. Start with the Wiki and the CIC website.

From what you've said, you only way to get a visa for Canada is to get a job offer, or to do something like a study permit, but have a read of the websites mentioned above and then you can come back and ask questions about your intended visa route.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

keelan is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol hijacked thread.

Anyway so, I spoke to immigration they told me what should of happened.

Was before expiration of my current TWP, my employer should of applied for LMO and which would of allowed me to extend my TWP in time.

So as it stands now.

My employer is applying for LMO whilst we wait for the PNP and i am applying for reinstatement as a visitor.

So correct me if i am wrong.

I apply for visitors. If reinstated, and positive LMO i will flag pole(? or can i just apply in country online?) then i will have another valid TWP. So when the PNP comes through i can apply for PR in country.

Is this correct or can i apply in country and work with or without an LMO and still get a TWP e.g. from the PNP/PR.

Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.