TWP in Person at London

Old Jun 13th 2009, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

colin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nice
Default TWP in Person at London

Does any body know if i can obtain my TWP in person at the High Commission in London?

I was hoping that it may be quicker?

Cheers
Old Jun 13th 2009, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: TWP in Person at London

Hi Colin,

may I ask why you'd want to obtain your TWP in London and not at the POE? If you have all your paperwork (LMO, offer letter, etc) couldn't you apply for the TWP when you are entering Canada?

In general I've heard from many people that it is usually quicker to get your TWP outside of Canada opposed to going through CPC Vegreville (21 days for new employer permits, 104 days for existing employer permits). That's why many people who are already in Canada don't even apply in Vegreville. They go directly to the border... which sometimes isnt very much appreciated by the local officers but I dont think anyone was sent home without the TWP.

good luck!
B.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

colin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nice

Ok well that is interesting because a read on here in wiki about people doing POE, and I understood that the general opinion was that the success rate was not good but maybe that was for people without an LMO?

The reason I ask is cos I need my passport for a trip to the Somme Battle fields in 3 weeks and therefore can't apply for TWP in the post as it could take 6 weeks.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

any body got experience of poe with lmo?
Old Jun 14th 2009, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Colin!

oh o.k. got it!

unfortunately I haven't tried it myself so I can't tell you how hard or easy it is to enter Canada with an LMO and get your WP at the POE. I know that people might have to argue with the officer...

Have you thought about sending your Passport in (to the canadian embassy) and then asking for a temporary passport "substitute" at your authority in charge for passports in the UK?

I mean - if you have to travel and your passport is sitting in London at the Canadian embassy you might be able to get a preliminary passport just for your vacation?

this might cost you a couple GBP but it might be worth it...

Just an idea...
Cheers
B.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:15 am
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

I don't know the answer to your original question but can tell you that we only sent off COPIES of the passports for the TWP.

Hope that helps.