Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP medical - how long after medical

TWP medical - how long after medical

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of
Default TWP medical - how long after medical

Hi

Can anyone who applied for TWP who need a medical advise me how long after medical did you hear about approval/or not, of your work permit?

Docs sent back to CHC on 19th from DMP and still not heard anything. I know it's not that long but it's driving me mad

We have a completion date of 2nd Dec for our house and I would just like to know whether to arrange shipping or start looking for a rental here!

As always your feedback is much appreciated.

Tracy
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:00 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP medical - how long after medical

Hi

Originally Posted by tracys
Hi

Can anyone who applied for TWP who need a medical advise me how long after medical did you hear about approval/or not, of your work permit?

Docs sent back to CHC on 19th from DMP and still not heard anything. I know it's not that long but it's driving me mad

We have a completion date of 2nd Dec for our house and I would just like to know whether to arrange shipping or start looking for a rental here!

As always your feedback is much appreciated.

Tracy
You can count on about 4 weeks from the time medical reaches the Regional Medical Centre, to the time Visa office receives them. Note the medicals are NOT sent to CHC, but the RMC where they are reviewed.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of
Default Re: TWP medical - how long after medical

Oh no, didn't think it was that long.

On the letter they sent with the med request it said the medical dep make a decision within 10 days of receipt and notify the visa officer, who contacts the applicant a few days later.

Really fed up with this whole process now and to cap it all processing for FSW as been increased to 27 months in our category. If I didn't have a job offer I'd give up completely.

Thanks for reply PMM.

Tracy