TWP - and losing your job.

Old Apr 29th 2010, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

nzwasp is on a distinguished road
Default TWP - and losing your job.

This happened to me this year. I had a TWP and I lost my job and I needed to apply for PR - I qualified for the CEC however I was in an unusual situation because I didn't know if my TWP was still valid. I am here to say that it is still valid except you cant work for anyone. The visa I had said I was sponsored by a company and only allowed to work for one company. I applied for CEC and they told me that I had to apply for a visitors visa. Well I applied online for a visitors visa and it came back and told me that I didnt need one because my original TWP was still valid.

You may also get questioned in your application for a letter of new reference when they send you a passport request - It says that the new reference letter is a requirement. However I could not fulfill this request. I had to write a letter explaining that I was unemployed and that this requirement should not be valid for my situation.

Hope that helps everyone.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all
Default Re: TWP - and losing your job.

That's a useful bit of info, thanks.