Wikiposts

TWP with LMO or RSW with AEO?

Old May 5th 2008, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

dudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant future
Default TWP with LMO or RSW with AEO?

Is it better to:

a) Apply for a TWP with an LMO we already have?

b) Apply for a reg SW PR with an AEO which is imminent?

I gather TWP are quick to obtain once you have the LMO but we are being encouraged to wait for the AEO and apply for the PR instead.

I am concerned as I read on the Wiki that CIC are not looking favourably on applications that are being sent through when the applicant is not already in Canada.

Help please?

Thanks
Old May 5th 2008, 2:31 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TWP with LMO or RSW with AEO?

If you have LMO then why on this planet are you waiting for AEO??? Get work permit, move to Canada, start working here and then submit full (not simplified) PR application with arranged employment.

AEO's are last resort when LMO and WP is not possible. Visa post don't like AEO's much due to high rate of fraudulent offers. Applicants with AEO's are asked to submit additional documents and statements proving that their job offers are bona fide - not everyone passes such test.
Old May 5th 2008, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

dudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant future
Default Re: TWP with LMO or RSW with AEO?

Thanks Andrew

Just need to throw this at my OH as he has been advised to go through the AEO SW route by his employer.

Thought it was a bit weird.

Thanks again - peace of mind for me.

Kind regards