TWP Letters question

Old Jun 20th 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all
Default TWP Letters question

Hi all

still riding the wave after getting our TWP letters today but I have a couple of quick questions.

The letters came themselves none of our documents were returned i.e. LMO original contract etc. Is this normal? Secondly the guidance sheet that comes with the letter says that the permit will be issued for the period of the LMO or where a medical is required 1 year from the date of medical. I have not heard anyone else say their permit was limited in this way. Anyone shed any light on this.

Cheers
Tom
Old Jun 21st 2008, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

princesshumla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TWP Letters question

Hi,

I'm not sure about the restriction on your permit, but I do know that I didn't get my documents back either. Maybe someone else here will be able to shed more light!

Originally Posted by lauder99
Hi all

still riding the wave after getting our TWP letters today but I have a couple of quick questions.

The letters came themselves none of our documents were returned i.e. LMO original contract etc. Is this normal? Secondly the guidance sheet that comes with the letter says that the permit will be issued for the period of the LMO or where a medical is required 1 year from the date of medical. I have not heard anyone else say their permit was limited in this way. Anyone shed any light on this.

Cheers
Tom
Old Jun 21st 2008, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Cheers
Tom
Hiya Tom

The LMO has a date on it by which date you have to activate it and I am presuming that this one year doo dah on your twp letter is in fact something the same, ie you have until that date to go to POE and get the actual TWP.

HTH

Gaynor
Old Jun 21st 2008, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Thanks guys

I don't know why but we expected to get our docs back especially as one of them is Lynnes original contract of employment, but if they keep them that's fair enough.

The limitation is a strange one, it definately says thet the permit will be issued for one year after the medical but none of the nurses we have spoken to said they have had aything other than the length of their LMO. I dont think its an issue but I guess we wont know till we get to Calgary.

Cheers
Tom
Old Jun 21st 2008, 7:36 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

On the subject of TWP's, would someone mind please giving me a breakdown, in chronological order, or what happens.
I was offered a job b ack in January- the employers solicitors is handling everything but so far I havent had to do ANYTHING.
He's suggested he's applying for both PNP and TWP, but I'm a bit confused as to why I havent had to fill any forms in etc.

At the minute, I think I'm still waiting for LMO but I really dont know. He's not been that forthcoming with information or keeping me informed!

Any help would be appreciated.....
Old Jun 21st 2008, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey Jericho

It depends on your job to a certain extent but the basic procedure for a straightforward TWP is as follows:

Secure job offer

Employer applies for LMO or activates eLMO

Employer receives LMO and passes to you

(if you are applying outside Canada and your job is noc O A or B you can apply for TWP concurrently with your LMO)

Apply for TWP to London

Approx 6 weeks later receive decision (if your a nurse or medical person or working with kids or vulnerable groups you need a medical)

You would need to sign a form authorising someone to represent you with CIC so I don't think anything has been applied for with CIC on your behalf.

This could indeed mean you are still awaiting an LMO.

I dont know about PNP and what the process might be where your TWP is in conjunction with a PNP application but again for any dealings with CIC you need to sign a form authorising a representative to act for you.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Tom
Old Jun 21st 2008, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

the undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nice

Did you put a self addressed and stamped envelope with your appliction?

When I read the checklist on the CHC site is stated you had to supply one if you required your documents to be returned. My application was delayed being sent by over a week as I had to get an international reply coupon so they could return my police checks etc. ( the IRC was needed as I am outside the UK)
I am expecting my documents to be returned.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the undutchables
Did you put a self addressed and stamped envelope with your appliction?

When I read the checklist on the CHC site is stated you had to supply one if you required your documents to be returned. My application was delayed being sent by over a week as I had to get an international reply coupon so they could return my police checks etc. ( the IRC was needed as I am outside the UK)
I am expecting my documents to be returned.
Ok didn't know that, I would presume that means we don't actually need those documents when we land in Calgary I have both Scans and prints of all the documents so I can show copies if required.

Tom
Old Jun 21st 2008, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Jericho

It depends on your job to a certain extent but the basic procedure for a straightforward TWP is as follows:

Secure job offer

Employer applies for LMO or activates eLMO

Employer receives LMO and passes to you

(if you are applying outside Canada and your job is noc O A or B you can apply for TWP concurrently with your LMO)

Apply for TWP to London

Approx 6 weeks later receive decision (if your a nurse or medical person or working with kids or vulnerable groups you need a medical)

You would need to sign a form authorising someone to represent you with CIC so I don't think anything has been applied for with CIC on your behalf.

This could indeed mean you are still awaiting an LMO.

I dont know about PNP and what the process might be where your TWP is in conjunction with a PNP application but again for any dealings with CIC you need to sign a form authorising a representative to act for you.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Tom
Thanks for that. My job is in NOC B, so maybe that explains a few things. Will try and squeeze some more info from the solicitor on Monday.
Cheers again...