Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP - Information technology workers exception

Wikiposts

TWP - Information technology workers exception

Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:01 am
Just Joined

mike_aus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP - Information technology workers exception

Hi everyone,

I have a question to those who have any experience regarding applying for TWP under Information technology workers exception category. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/special-tech.asp)

Let's say I want my job to match "6. Software Products Developer (NOC 9990.6)" from the link before.

It has the following requirements:
1. Duties: Designing and implementing software for end users.
2. Education: Bachelor’s degree or a two-year post-secondary diploma or certification with a computing element.
3. Language: Working proficiency in English or French (written and oral)
4. Experience: Two years of experience with client/server applications.
5. The applicant must possess experience working with at least one product or technology ....

Does it mean that job offer must contain all these requirements?
Or job description?
Or some of them must be in job offer, and some confirmed by my previous employers?
Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:08 am
Just Joined

Default Re: TWP - Information technology workers exception

What I'm trying to say is:
Requirement 5 (for example) - is a requirement for job offer or for myself?
Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mike_aus
What I'm trying to say is:
Requirement 5 (for example) - is a requirement for job offer or for myself?
The job advert/requirement must state those as requirements, so its for the job - but by implication you will also have the required skills/experiences.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bodgerx
The job advert/requirement must state those as requirements, so its for the job - but by implication you will also have the required skills/experiences.
And, I guess, the other requirements (1-4) are for job advert too?
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

And, I guess, the other requirements (1-4) are for job advert too?
Hi,
From my experience 1-4 are required. Number 5, most of the technologies are out of date BUT in my case I did have experience in them. My job offer did not require these, although they required similar ones, for example my job offer required c# but that is not on the list although C is and I have previous experience in C.

Honestly though the immigration officer I dealt with when getting my TWP didn't even seem to check this requirement but I did have the documents with me to prove it just in case.

Hope this helps,
Sinead
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sinurt
Honestly though the immigration officer I dealt with when getting my TWP didn't even seem to check this requirement but I did have the documents with me to prove it just in case.
thank you,
Do you know if they can ask for any proof of my English?
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

thank you,
Do you know if they can ask for any proof of my English?
I have no idea sorry, they never asked me, I was born in the UK though have a British passport so they may ask you if you are not from an English speaking country??
Old Nov 29th 2009, 7:09 am
Just Joined

JohnMarkh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi mike_aus,

How did it go?

I have a job offer letter with description matching Software Developer - Services and in the process of getting more information about all the documents I have to gather before applying...

John.