TWP - How many years?

Old Nov 26th 2009, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

chaddsuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP - How many years?

Hi there

I read a few months back that changes have been made that mean you can only stay in canada for a maximum of four years on a TWP.

Does anyone have any further information on this as i cant seem to see it anywhere

thanks

chris
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:27 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP - How many years?

Hmmmm. I'd like to know the answer to this too. I've had a 2 year TWP which is currently being renewed for another 2. Is that the last I'll be able to get?
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

Originally Posted by chaddsuk
Hi there

I read a few months back that changes have been made that mean you can only stay in canada for a maximum of four years on a TWP.

Does anyone have any further information on this as i cant seem to see it anywhere

thanks

chris
I was told by my Human Resources manager the other day that the era of people staying 8+ years on a 'rolling' TWP are effectively over. CIC are strongly advising employers to turn their employees on TWP's into PR's asap and the so-called easy 'write-in' TWP for renewals are phased out and that applicants for a renewal will have to do a full application with a new LMO and with the employer providing proof that they have fully advertised the job to Canadian citizens etc..
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:17 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulOK
I was told by my Human Resources manager the other day that the era of people staying 8+ years on a 'rolling' TWP are effectively over. CIC are strongly advising employers to turn their employees on TWP's into PR's asap and the so-called easy 'write-in' TWP for renewals are phased out and that applicants for a renewal will have to do a full application with a new LMO and with the employer providing proof that they have fully advertised the job to Canadian citizens etc.
Interesting. My TWP renewal application is in at the moment. I was advised by my company's immigration consultant that TWP renewals are currently taking about 80-odd days to be processed, which is normal . I'm therefore expecting to receive my renewed TWP this side of Christmas.

Watch this space...
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Interesting. My TWP renewal application is in at the moment. I was advised by my company's immigration consultant that TWP renewals are currently taking about 80-odd days to be processed, which is normal . I'm therefore expecting to receive my renewed TWP this side of Christmas.

Watch this space...
Good Luck with that and keep us informed. If my PR doesn't come by next spring I'll be applying for a new TWP around then too.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

I read about the 4 year limit for TFW. Here's the link re the proposal to improve the TFW program in October....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...009-10-09a.asp

A key element of the measures is to limit the length of such workers’ stay in Canada before returning home. Under the plan, after a cumulative total of four years in Canada, they would not be eligible to work in Canada for six years.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

chaddsuk is an unknown quantity at this point

well great, I was thinking of of going across next December on a TWP but they are making things as difficult as possible for temp workers i feel...

We are a family of 4 and cant take a chance of going for 4 years to be told we cant return for 6 years!......sometimes i wonder if they really want skilled workers
Old Nov 29th 2009, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Originally Posted by chaddsuk
well great, I was thinking of of going across next December on a TWP but they are making things as difficult as possible for temp workers i feel...

We are a family of 4 and cant take a chance of going for 4 years to be told we cant return for 6 years!......sometimes i wonder if they really want skilled workers
If you're a skilled worker, and your employer likes you, then you can apply for PR whilst on TWP with Arranged Employment. You only live once!!!!
Old Nov 30th 2009, 10:40 am
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

... and after two years in Canadian Employment with a job in skill level 0 A or B you can apply under the Canadian Experience Class. Fewer Documents required and takes 4 - 6 months from application to getting the visa. I did this this year...