Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP Holder/2012 FSW Applications done inside of Canada

TWP Holder/2012 FSW Applications done inside of Canada

Old Nov 27th 2012, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Calgarian_Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TWP Holder/2012 FSW Applications done inside of Canada

Originally Posted by mvm85
Hi
We are in process of getting TWP, (applied to CHC London on 25/10/12) . Hopefully we would be in Canada in the beginning of New Year….

My husband is currently applying for TWP for 3yrs because his contract is for 3yrs. The understanding with his employer is that once he takes up the position and completes a 9 months probation, he would be made a permanent offer.
We want to apply for PR as soon as possible, and I was wondering if we can make an application for FSW2 immediately on arrival or do we have to wait till he gets the permanent offer to apply for PR?
Kind Regards
M

Based on the current rules, he would only be able to apply for PR, once he gets a permanent offer at work.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp

I am not sure if he can apply for PR based on contract.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 1:43 am
Just Joined

sheffield2toronto is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I have been in Canada since 2008 on TWP's. I applied for PR on June 4, 2012 from within Canada. I received a positive letter from Nova Scotia on July 10, 2012, so it looks like I'm on a similar timescale to you.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sheffield2toronto
Hello,
I have been in Canada since 2008 on TWP's. I applied for PR on June 4, 2012 from within Canada. I received a positive letter from Nova Scotia on July 10, 2012, so it looks like I'm on a similar timescale to you.

yea your timeline is as good as mine. I believe receiving MR is the next step now, but i will keep you posted on any development from my end and you can do the same to.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all

I received my PR whilst in Canada on a TWP , the company supplied a letter saying they would employ me on an open ended basis. It took me 9 months from start of PR application to receiving COPR

Roger
Old Dec 5th 2012, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Aqua
I received my PR whilst in Canada on a TWP , the company supplied a letter saying they would employ me on an open ended basis. It took me 9 months from start of PR application to receiving COPR

Roger

Oh wow, 9 months. I must say your application is the fastest i have ever seen. Can you share your timeline since the beginning of your process and was your visa office CPP-Ottawa or Buffalo?
Old Dec 5th 2012, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all

I sent my application to London, UK in Jan 2012, meds request ... May 2012 and COPR letter October 20th activated 27th October 2012.

I am a project manager at an international construction company in Ottawa. The only pain is until the PR card comes I have to carry my COPR letter ( copy ) with me when I travel out side the country which is usually 2 times a month. The PR card takes about 4 months to arrive according to the CIC site but the Canadian border guards are very good.

Roger
Old Dec 5th 2012, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Aqua
I sent my application to London, UK in Jan 2012, meds request ... May 2012 and COPR letter October 20th activated 27th October 2012.

I am a project manager at an international construction company in Ottawa. The only pain is until the PR card comes I have to carry my COPR letter ( copy ) with me when I travel out side the country which is usually 2 times a month. The PR card takes about 4 months to arrive according to the CIC site but the Canadian border guards are very good.

Roger

ok, thanks for the information.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Good luck with the process
Old Dec 5th 2012, 8:07 am
Just Joined

wow! just got today's post and have a letter requesting medicals, UK police checks and $980..

This forum must be good luck... thing is my progress doesnt even appear on ecas !!
Old Dec 5th 2012, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

wow! just got today's post and have a letter requesting medicals, UK police checks and $980..

This forum must be good luck... thing is my progress doesnt even appear on ecas !!

wow, congrats.

Is your visa office CPP-Ottawa or London Visa Office?
Old Dec 5th 2012, 9:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just checking, but you are choosing the correct country i.e. England? I know it sounds daft, but so many people make that mistake!
Old Dec 5th 2012, 10:35 am
Just Joined

We got processed through London. We now have 60 days to get the UK police checks (45 quid for 10 day service), medicals and provide $980 (me plus wife).

Might be cutting it a bit fine with the christmas post.

this is the ecas link i use:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

is this the wrong one?!
Old Dec 5th 2012, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Calgarian_Hunter
wow, congrats.

Is your visa office CPP-Ottawa or London Visa Office?
It went to the London office as far as I am aware.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just checking, but you are choosing the correct country i.e. England? I know it sounds daft, but so many people make that mistake!
LOL !! You were right - I have been checking every tuesday for the last 3 months under ' United Kingdom and the frickin colonies'.

Changed it to 'England' and we're in the game

THANK YOU !!