Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP Holder/2012 FSW Applications done inside of Canada

TWP Holder/2012 FSW Applications done inside of Canada

Old Oct 17th 2012, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Calgarian_Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP Holder/2012 FSW Applications done inside of Canada

I wanted to start a thread for people who are already working in Canada on a TWP and made their 2012 FSW applications inside of Canada to see how that differs from those applications done outside of Canada in regards to processing timelines.

..........as the waiting game continues
Old Oct 17th 2012, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future
Default Re: TWP Holder/2012 FSW Applications done inside of Canada

Good luck - hope it's a smooth journey and transition for you.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Calgarian_Hunter
I wanted to start a thread for people who are already working in Canada on a TWP and made their 2012 FSW applications inside of Canada to see how that differs from those applications done outside of Canada in regards to processing timelines.
I'm clearly missing something, but aren't all FSW applications processed outside of Canada? Which visa office is yours being processed at?
Old Oct 18th 2012, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'm clearly missing something, but aren't all FSW applications processed outside of Canada? Which visa office is yours being processed at?
I got the impression that the OP was trying to see if there was a difference between say London processing the FSW application of someone say still in the U.K. or that of London processing the FSW application of someone like the OP (working in Canada under a TWP).

Substitute London and the U.K. for whichever relevant office/country
Old Oct 18th 2012, 12:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siphorous
I got the impression that the OP was trying to see if there was a difference between say London processing the FSW application of someone say still in the U.K. or that of London processing the FSW application of someone like the OP (working in Canada under a TWP).

Substitute London and the U.K. for whichever relevant office/country
Maybe that's what the OP meant. But that'll usually be two different routes (i.e. FSW cat 1 v FSW cat 2), so not sure they can be compared.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Thanks guys for the response.

I guess my point was really focused more on FSW-2 applicants since i am already working in canada on a TWP. I wanted to know if an application based on FSW-2 with TWP already working in Canada is processed faster compared to FSW-1 applicants based outside of canada.

I believe the VO will be different since if your're working in canada already, the VO will be CPP-OTTAWA and if you're not already in Canada, your VO will be LVO...........please correct me if i am wrong.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 1:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I believe the VO will be different since if your're working in canada already, the VO will be CPP-OTTAWA and if you're not already in Canada, your VO will be LVO...........please correct me if i am wrong.
Ah yes, what used to be Buffalo is now Ottawa. But it could be either, anybody in Canada can either choose Ottawa (if they've been admitted to Canada for a year or more), or London (or wherever their country of nationality is). Most people seem to choose London for processing as it was always historically quicker than Buffalo.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 18th 2012 at 1:38 am.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 3:59 am
Just Joined

thedippaar is an unknown quantity at this point

..........as the waiting game continues
Hello Calgarian_Hunter
I am working in Canada for the last 2 years and I applied under FSW w/TWP in Aug 2012 last week, CIO received application in next 2 days...and they charged my card and put the application 'in process' only end of Oct 2012. Share your timelines as well.

Regards
Old Nov 1st 2012, 4:03 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys for the response.

I guess my point was really focused more on FSW-2 applicants since i am already working in canada on a TWP. I wanted to know if an application based on FSW-2 with TWP already working in Canada is processed faster compared to FSW-1 applicants based outside of canada.

It has never seemed to be faster, so I am looking forward to seeing if it is nowadays. It has always seemed that it is slower as CIC know you are on a TWP so are okay for now.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 7:30 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thedippaar
...Share your timelines as well.
Maybe also adding a timeline to your signature file might help.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by thedippaar
Hello Calgarian_Hunter
I am working in Canada for the last 2 years and I applied under FSW w/TWP in Aug 2012 last week, CIO received application in next 2 days...and they charged my card and put the application 'in process' only end of Oct 2012. Share your timelines as well.

Regards

TWP issued at POE 02-May-2012
FSW application sent to CIO 1-June-2012

Got email of positive approval 6-July-2012

below is what my status shows in ecas (In-Process)

We received your application for permanent residence on June 7, 2012.

So i believe the next step is medical request since i had all requested documents turned in with my application.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 8:01 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Boy! I wish my 2010 FSW application timeline read like that. At this rate you'll be done and dusted before us!

Good luck
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by james.mc
Boy! I wish my 2010 FSW application timeline read like that. At this rate you'll be done and dusted before us!

Good luck

@ james.mc

was your request for medicals emailed to you or did it come in the regular mail?
Old Nov 27th 2012, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

See timeline below.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GC44
See timeline below.

no timeline is showing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.