twp - full residents

Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:33 am
Just Joined

tom-sarah_addy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question twp - full residents

can i apply for full residents when i get my twp, if not how would i go about applying for full residents.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: twp - full residents

Yup you can, and it's advisable to do right away if you intend on staying.

You just need to decide which visa to apply for, Skilled Worker 2, PNP etc

In our case I applied for FSW2 just after landing on a TWP

good luck!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:48 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: twp - full residents

thanks that sounds like we would be able to apply for FSW2 .
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:44 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom-sarah_addy
thanks that sounds like we would be able to apply for FSW2 .
With respect, have you really understood this? From this and other threads you have posted, I am a little concerned that you have got the wrong end of the stick about this but I may be wrong.
To be able to apply under Cat 2 you need to have an offer of permanent employment that has been scrutinised and approved by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) in what is called an LMO (Labour Market Opinion.) We are currently in the process as of last September as Category 2 and while it is certainly possible to do it, it is not common for LMO to be granted - you have to have specific skills that cannot be found in the Canadian workforce.
Have you researched the job market to see if your trade is in demand?
Have you got a job over there in Canada?
Is it permanent?
Have you applied for the LMO?

All these things must be in place and in addition you must still have sufficient points on the assessment
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../Education.asp
Good Luck.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

BobbyN will become famous soon enoughBobbyN will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by spaceace
Yup you can, and it's advisable to do right away if you intend on staying.

You just need to decide which visa to apply for, Skilled Worker 2, PNP etc

In our case I applied for FSW2 just after landing on a TWP

good luck!
What is FSW2?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BobbyN
What is FSW2?
In simple terms, it's like FSW1 (skilled worker cat 1 which does not require a job offer), except you require a job offer but your job does not have to be on "the list".
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

it's even better than that for the likes of us immigration failures in that it's an extra 10 points for arranged employment
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

im going on a BUNAC twp but although im likely to get a visa starting march i wont be able to go till may. therefore with time tsken to find work i wont get a full years experience in canada in an IT Related role.

what are my options in being able to remain longer or extend or apply for PR?

I am 30 and 31 in march, i did the points test and i do qualify on that.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

im going on a BUNAC twp but although im likely to get a visa starting march i wont be able to go till may. therefore with time tsken to find work i wont get a full years experience in canada in an IT Related role.

what are my options in being able to remain longer or extend or apply for PR?

I am 30 and 31 in march, i did the points test and i do qualify on that.
Please stick to your own thread in which you've already asked this question, rather than hijacking somebody elses.

Thx.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Please stick to your own thread in which you've already asked this question, rather than hijacking somebody elses.

Thx.
I do believe asking the same question especially when its similar to the OP's question should not be of concern as it helps me to get as much info regardless of where else ive posted PLUS benefit the OP at the same time.

thanks for your help so far
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

probably not a concern, but you might get a better response with a more targeted question in it's own thread.

eg, I've no idea about BUNAC, so I walked away
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

I do believe asking the same question especially when its similar to the OP's question should not be of concern as it helps me to get as much info regardless of where else ive posted PLUS benefit the OP at the same time.

Remember that a BUNAC visa is not a TWP in the strict sense, they're different. You're better of sticking to another thread.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

But you're talking about a Bunac visa, and the OP's thread is about TWP's - two different visas.

It's also bad 'netiquette' to hijack somebody else's thread, and to post the same question more than once. http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Tips_on_using_the_forum

Thanks.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 26th 2011 at 1:23 am.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

sorry all, ill behave im used to car forums in which there is less etiqutte also just worried about risk involved in my visa app
Old Jan 26th 2011, 5:35 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=helcat12;9129321

To be honest i don’t quite understand all this. Do i apply for a twp first then look for a job offer. I have applied for a few jobs and been contacted back saying that they are willing to take me on, but only if i get myself over there. I don’t quite know which route to take as i am a little scared of up routroutingfamily for 2 years then being turned down for permanent residence, then having to come back to the uk and start again without any money. Am i being naive in thinking that i can come to Canada as a roofer, have i any chance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.