Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP Finally arrived - now to get organised!!

TWP Finally arrived - now to get organised!!

Old Jan 6th 2010, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

kateodonnell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP Finally arrived - now to get organised!!

Finally after applyting for a TWP in August (Medical needed) we have an email stating that we have visa approved!! after picking ourselves up from the floor - we just never thought it would ever come!! we now have the scary task of organising flights, schools, and actually getting on a plane......must admit didnt quite expect to go from nervous, outright terrified, to excited on a 10 min rotation !!!!
With the winter olympics starting in a few weeks, making flight prices through the roof we may have to wait till start of March to actually go. Off to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. Yipeeeeeeee
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:24 am

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TWP Finally arrived - now to get organised!!

Originally Posted by kateodonnell
Finally after applyting for a TWP in August (Medical needed) we have an email stating that we have visa approved!! after picking ourselves up from the floor - we just never thought it would ever come!! we now have the scary task of organising flights, schools, and actually getting on a plane......must admit didnt quite expect to go from nervous, outright terrified, to excited on a 10 min rotation !!!!
With the winter olympics starting in a few weeks, making flight prices through the roof we may have to wait till start of March to actually go. Off to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. Yipeeeeeeee
Well done and good luck to you. We are a bit further up the Island near Courtenay. It's a great place - winter hasn't arrived yet. We had one night of snow and it went as fast as it came. Bit different to last year as my car didn't move of the drive for a month last January. Hope all goes well for you.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:26 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gloveman
It's a great place - winter hasn't arrived yet. We had one night of snow and it went as fast as it came. Bit different to last year as my car didn't move of the drive for a month last January. Hope all goes well for you.
Ummm I'm hoping that the one day of snow WAS winter!! we had more than enough last year eh?
Old Jan 6th 2010, 11:12 am
Just Joined

supadad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and congratulations on the move, we are in sooke .. further down to you and have been here for almost 9 months. can I ask what job you got the visa for?
Old Jan 6th 2010, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Ummm I'm hoping that the one day of snow WAS winter!! we had more than enough last year eh?

No, we want a bit more of the white stuff please.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

supadad is an unknown quantity at this point

Well here on the island it doesn't snow much....more rain but you can go up island to mnt Washington if you like
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:11 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

I don't! ......
Old Jan 6th 2010, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Superdad - My OH is a Physiotherapist, so LMO was for that , working for VIHA.

thanks for the good luck messages
Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

readytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nice

Superdad - My OH is a Physiotherapist, so LMO was for that , working for VIHA.

thanks for the good luck messages
My OH is also a physio, we just got the LMO and are about to submit the TWP application. I really hope it doesn't take 5 months to go through! The employer wants him out there ASAP
Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

Yep, same here, job offer was from last spring, but it has taken this long to get the TWP! If he didnt need the medical we could have done it at point of entry, its sooo slow. Advice would be to get it to London asap, we hand delivered ours. And can let you know cheapest place to have medical done too if you want details i can send.
x
Old Jan 7th 2010, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

readytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nice

Yep, same here, job offer was from last spring, but it has taken this long to get the TWP! If he didnt need the medical we could have done it at point of entry, its sooo slow. Advice would be to get it to London asap, we hand delivered ours. And can let you know cheapest place to have medical done too if you want details i can send.
x

oh no, i was hoping to be gone in 2 months time. We tried to think of some way to hurry this up but came up with nothing since they specifically say don't get the medical done before they request it. Like you we would have done it at point of entry if it wasn't for the medical. We also asked the employer for the LMO application so we could at least apply for concurrent processing but he never sent that through. Oh well, guess it gives us more time to get the flat sold

I thin we are going to go to the thornton heath Dr for the medical but if there is a cheaper one I'd love to know.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

Nope, we found Thornton Heath to be cheapest around and quickest to get appointment.
whereabouts are you heading to?
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

great its also the closest to where we live. The OH actually does home visits in the area.

We're headed to Fredericton NB so other side of the country to you guys.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by supadad
Well here on the island it doesn't snow much....more rain but you can go up island to mnt Washington if you like
Actually we live near Mount Washington and can see it from our property. Last year was a bad one for Mount Washington due to the lack of snow but we got plenty down here. This year it is the other way round which is probably the best way but a bit of snow would be nice.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya...Not sure how early you would like to go but Canadian Affair have a good sale on at the moment...Hubby just booked a return LGW-YVR departing here on 27Jan10...£310 !! Not bad I think! May be cheaper than a one way!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.