TWP > Fast-Track PR: Landed!

Old Oct 21st 2008, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Smile TWP > Fast-Track PR: Landed!

Hi guys,

With much help and advice from the forum, we landed as Permanent Residents at Peace Arch, BC today.

We gleaned the information from the Wiki, and managed to get from submitting our skilled worker PR application to landing, in 191 days.

The actual landing was the easiest part of the process. We had a 3 night break in Washington State, and landed on the way back into Canada. We asked the Canadian immigration officer if we could land. He directed us to park at the immigration building. Inside, another immigration officer looked at our passports/PR visas, and asked us if we had anything to be shipped to Canada (we haven't - we've been here since 2005 on TWPs).

He then asked us if we'd ever been arrested in Canada or the UK. We didn't get asked to prove any available funds. He then got us to sign our forms in front of us, and told us our PR cards would arrive in 4-6 weeks. We were out of the building and away in about 10 minutes.

The immigration officer also reminded us to go to a Service Canada office and show our passports (with the landing record inside) so we could get new, upgraded SIN numbers.

We got back home to find our Canadian neighbour had left us a gift!

We thought this was brilliant, and so thoughtful. Canadians - I can recommend 'em.

So, thanks to everyone for all their answers to my questions. Next stop Citizenship!

All the best,

Sarah
Old Oct 21st 2008, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of
Default Re: TWP > Fast-Track PR: Landed!

Originally Posted by SarahBC
Hi guys,

With much help and advice from the forum, we landed as Permanent Residents at Peace Arch, BC today.

We gleaned the information from the Wiki, and managed to get from submitting our skilled worker PR application to landing, in 191 days.

The actual landing was the easiest part of the process. We had a 3 night break in Washington State, and landed on the way back into Canada. We asked the Canadian immigration officer if we could land. He directed us to park at the immigration building. Inside, another immigration officer looked at our passports/PR visas, and asked us if we had anything to be shipped to Canada (we haven't - we've been here since 2005 on TWPs).

He then asked us if we'd ever been arrested in Canada or the UK. We didn't get asked to prove any available funds. He then got us to sign our forms in front of us, and told us our PR cards would arrive in 4-6 weeks. We were out of the building and away in about 10 minutes.

The immigration officer also reminded us to go to a Service Canada office and show our passports (with the landing record inside) so we could get new, upgraded SIN numbers.

We got back home to find our Canadian neighbour had left us a gift!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f6...s/IMG_0836.jpg

We thought this was brilliant, and so thoughtful. Canadians - I can recommend 'em.

So, thanks to everyone for all their answers to my questions. Next stop Citizenship!

All the best,

Sarah
Congratulations!!

Glad the landing went smoothly!!

I definitely agree with what you said about thoughtful Canadians....I started my new job today and there was a bottle of champagne, a welcome card and a gift token for the local coffee shop on my desk!!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 2:28 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

glad to hear your good news!

congratulations from the other side of the strait.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road

What lovely neighbours! Some serious celebrating called for, definitely.

Now. Blow some of your magic fast track dust my way.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sprucemoose
What lovely neighbours! Some serious celebrating called for, definitely.

Now. Blow some of your magic fast track dust my way.
That's great news... congratulations
Old Oct 21st 2008, 5:41 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations
Old Oct 24th 2008, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarah

Many congratulations!

Did you process through London or Buffalo?

Gryph
Old Oct 24th 2008, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: TWP > Fast-Track PR: Landed!

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your kind messages,

Sarah

Old Oct 24th 2008, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gryphea
Hi Sarah

Many congratulations!

Did you process through London or Buffalo?

Gryph
Hi Gryph,

My Skilled Worker PR application went through London as I wanted it Fast-Tracked (as was already in BC, working via a TWP).

You have to apply to your 'home' Canadian High Commission to be considered for fast-track processing. Ottawa or Buffalo won't recognise a fast-track request.

Hope this helps,

Sarah
Old Oct 27th 2008, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Monkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to all

Wahoo! I love a wee happy story ..

I was so pleased to read that you have your PR ..and in 191 days. I think we are in a similar situation as you and hope it goes as quickly!!

Imagine what life's going to be like without that hovering over you? Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:18 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations....

Was it 191 days from the point of asking your application to be fast tracked? Or did you submit an application, go over on a TWP and then ask it to be fast tracked and it was 191 days from that initial application?

Only asking because I'm here on a TWP and have a Simplified SW application in the queue and I'm thinking of doing the fast track thing and wondering how long it would take from sending the letter/full application....
Old Oct 29th 2008, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by G77
Congratulations....

Was it 191 days from the point of asking your application to be fast tracked? Or did you submit an application, go over on a TWP and then ask it to be fast tracked and it was 191 days from that initial application?

Only asking because I'm here on a TWP and have a Simplified SW application in the queue and I'm thinking of doing the fast track thing and wondering how long it would take from sending the letter/full application....
Hi there,

I began in Canada with a temporary work permit. Then I began the full PR application. If you're British, only a request for fast-tracking can be made to your home Canadian High Commission (in my case, London).

So my application was a brand new full application, 191 days from start to finish.

If you search fast-track PR on the forum you'll find there's quite a few individuals who have a simplified SW application in the queue, while also having a TWP.

Did you send your SW PR application to London?

Cheers,

Sarah
Old Oct 29th 2008, 2:24 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahBC

Did you send your SW PR application to London?

Yep - I filed my simplified SW application before I knew I was coming here on a TWP, so I have a file reference in the queue with London. I now have to collect all the paperwork for a full application (most of which I left in the UK!) and send it off....