twp extention

Old Dec 16th 2014, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

samspud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default twp extention

Hi everyone
I am currently waiting for my PR application to be processed.I and my family have done our medicals in september.I am AINP approved too.My TWP expires in March so i was wondering if i can extend or get a new TWP at the point of entry when i return to Canada after christmas while waiting on PR.or is there another option.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: twp extention

Originally Posted by samspud
Hi everyone
I am currently waiting for my PR application to be processed.I and my family have done our medicals in september.I am AINP approved too.My TWP expires in March so i was wondering if i can extend or get a new TWP at the point of entry when i return to Canada after christmas while waiting on PR.or is there another option.
When you first got your work permit did you present the AINP approval letter?
If you did I suggest you extend via the CIC website online as opposed to going to the border. You would get implied status providing you apply before the work permit expires. You might also qualify for the bridging open work permit as per this

the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) (with the exclusion of nominees as identified by the nominating province or territory as having employment restrictions imposed as conditions of the nomination)
Temporary Foreign Worker Program: Provincial nominees or permanent residence applications – Bridging open work permits for certain federal economic class applicants
Old Dec 17th 2014, 2:21 am
Just Joined

samspud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: twp extention

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
When you first got your work permit did you present the AINP approval letter?
If you did I suggest you extend via the CIC website online as opposed to going to the border. You would get implied status providing you apply before the work permit expires. You might also qualify for the bridging open work permit as per this

the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) (with the exclusion of nominees as identified by the nominating province or territory as having employment restrictions imposed as conditions of the nomination)
Temporary Foreign Worker Program: Provincial nominees or permanent residence applications – Bridging open work permits for certain federal economic class applicants
I first gone my work permit when i arrived in Canada so didnt have a Ainp proval letter by then.I think the bridging open work permit is my best option.Thanks for the link.