TWP Extension questions

Old Jul 13th 2019, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

ninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond reputeninespoons has a reputation beyond repute
Default TWP Extension questions

Hi there.

I have a work permit which expired back in April. Before it did, I applied for a change in status and was issued a Visitor Record. Then in May, I received a Work Permit support letter to have my Work Permit renewed. I sent the application online and am still waiting to hear back, however my Visitor Record is set to expire in August. 2 questions:

1) If the visitor record expires and my work permit application is still processing, do I have to leave or do I benefit from Implied Status? I think since they're different, I won't be eligible for Implied Status, right?
2) If that's the case, would I be able to take all my documents to a border and apply at PoE? I was unsure about this since: A) it's a WP extension and B) I already sent the application online.

Could use some wisdom on this one! Thanks as always for any help!