Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP Extension OWH Extension Immigration Routes???

Wikiposts

TWP Extension OWH Extension Immigration Routes???

Old Jun 28th 2010, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Legoman1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP Extension OWH Extension Immigration Routes???

Hi, I'm new here but done my best to read around the site and gather the info I need. However I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys on whats the best route to go with and what can I do to immigrate.

I work as a Ski Instructor and my partner is a Senior Care Worker, but also a qualified Ski Instructor/Ski Patroller. We are both looking to emigrate to Canada asap.

I am trying to establish how we can do this given our qualifications, back ground, employment history and the entry requirements which I find confusing!

My girlfriend and I have lived in Kamloops, BC from December 2009 to April 2010. I have been going out on a Temporary Worker Permit and at the moment it only lasts December to end of April. This year we are going on OWH visas through BUNAC although getting a sponsored visa again shouldnt be a problem.

So far I have worked as a Ski Instructor on the Temporary Worker Visa under the job code 5254 - Ski and Snowboard Instructors Level 2. As I understand it the second digit of 2 means that it is classified as Skill Type B under the NOC listing and so I would be eligible under the type of job.

The problem I have is under the Skilled Worker, Experience Class or Provincial Nominee program I have to require 2 years of full-time employment. Unfortunately the nature of the job is that I don't do a standard 37.5 hours a week thats required and it is not a year round job. However after this year I will have two full seasons of experience teaching with a season doing my training as well.

Is it possible to argue my case based on the nature of the job? Or what do I need to do to gain the meet the requirements?

My Partner has worked for roughly 2 years or soon to be as a Senior Care Worker and has a BSc Degree and an NVQ Level 3 in Social Care Studies. Iv just found that according to "THE LIST" she would be eligible under 3151 Head Nurses and Supervisors (sepecifically geriatric nursing supervisor) - However her experience has not been as a senior all of the time as she has done it on and off although she does that permanently now.

She also wants to re-train to do standard nursing over there, but we cant afford international student fees, is there any complications doing this?

It doesn't matter to us which one of us actually can obtain the visa , as the other would hopefully be able to come under being common-law partner. We have now been living together for 18 months.

If you could look at our predicament and advise me as to how to proceed and what fees etc would be incurred we would be extremely grateful! If there is any further information you need, should you wish to help us then please let me know.

Were are 21 and 23 but would like to move there asap so my partner can start her nursing degree as soon as possible but its proving to be a bit tricky with how to do it. We have contacted a Canadian immigration lawyer through friends of my parents who have emigrated through the PNP program.

Is there any quick fix way through the OWH visa?? ala the wiki it said:

Relatively quick entry to Canada

* First, ask yourself if you would be able to get into Canada by:
o Claiming Canadian citizenship (through a Canadian parent, for example);
o Getting your Canadian spouse or adult child to sponsor you;
o Getting an intra-company transfer;
o Starting a business that will employ Canadians;
o Being a British citizen who is between the ages of 18 and 30 and who can get into Canada on a 12-month working holiday visa through BUNAC; or
o Having a relative in Alberta who could sponsor you through the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program's Family Stream.

Can this become a permanent option.

Sorry for the long post and the rambling,

Many Thanks

Legoman