TWP extension

Old Apr 6th 2013, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice
Default TWP extension

Hi all.

My twp runs out on 19th April, I sent off my extension application at the end of January and it arrived at Vegreville by registered post on the 1st of February.
At the moment applications are being prosseced from around January 11th,
so I have at least another 3 weeks before my extension is even looked at.

Will I go on implied status?
Old Apr 6th 2013, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP extension

Yes providing it wasn't an IEC TWP.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

sheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant future

You know that this is an absoulote joke now , I extended 2 years ago online and it was so simple , went to look at extending online today and so much has changed , there is now something like 5 pages of paperwork to fill out for an extension , my family consists of 5 people , the amount of paper work for that amount of people is staggering ,

Cic canada are making things so complicated and drawn out that they will be lucky to have any decent skilled workers coming to canada in 5 years from now.

I sometimes wonder if there are any brain cells between the whole of cic canada.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheera67
You know that this is an absoulote joke now , I extended 2 years ago online and it was so simple , went to look at extending online today and so much has changed , there is now something like 5 pages of paperwork to fill out for an extension , my family consists of 5 people , the amount of paper work for that amount of people is staggering ,

Cic canada are making things so complicated and drawn out that they will be lucky to have any decent skilled workers coming to canada in 5 years from now.

I sometimes wonder if there are any brain cells between the whole of cic canada.
Why do you need to keep extending? Have you considered applying for PR status. Note its a TEMPORARY resident status you get with a work permit.
What do you consider to be temporary 1 year 3 years 5 years etc etc.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 8:23 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

PR isnt quick but it isnt that long!

that said im now applying for my second extension because when we came out in dec 2011 we got visas, when dh came back in may 2012 he got a new visa for his new employer but my visa being open was still good.
that ran out in december so i had to send that off to vegreville and wait 3 months to get it back, and it runs out again in may as its tied to DH's s i have paid for a year and got 5 months, which BTW means i still dont have a card licence so cant hire a car in the uk when i have to go back.

the whole bloody process is really quite farcical right now!
Old Apr 7th 2013, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

sheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant future

Former Lancastrian I HAVE applied for pr , actually applied in nov 2010 , due to the closure of buffalo and now the time that ottawa is taken I am stuck with going through the extension route again , believe me I don't do this through choice , the pr process at the moment is a joke and you or anyone else to say it is not is unfair to people who have been waiting so long for pr , try not to jump to conclusions before you know all the facts
Old Apr 7th 2013, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sheera67
Former Lancastrian I HAVE applied for pr , actually applied in nov 2010 , due to the closure of buffalo and now the time that ottawa is taken I am stuck with going through the extension route again , believe me I don't do this through choice , the pr process at the moment is a joke and you or anyone else to say it is not is unfair to people who have been waiting so long for pr , try not to jump to conclusions before you know all the facts
Thats why I asked about PR status before jumping to conclusions.
Most temporary work permits have a maximum of time allowed then thats it.
Some however feel that a 5 year limitation is too short and they should be allowed to carry on working. Again what is temporary to some varies.
Far to often I see people extending work permits without thinking of applying for PR status. They then try to extend again and they are then told sorry you are at the maximum and cannot be issued with a work permit. Then they complain about the rules.
In your case you have done the right thing.
If I had known you had applied for PR which you never stated in your post or in signature block then my reply would have been different
Sometimes people need to convey all the facts before posters try to help.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Fl,I wasn't looking for help , I was just having a good auld rant, and yes I think your opinions towards my first post were a little off , but hey ho onward and upward as they say,
Old Apr 8th 2013, 10:28 pm
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,
I am asking this on behalf of a friend, so please be gentle.
It's a bit complicated but I'll do my best.

Friend lives in NS with wife and kid.
Came in on TWP 2009, lost job 2012.
Has been working in EU to make ends meet, but family home is here in Canada, where they are embedded in the community, schools etc.
Has just had Canada Experience PR refused due to technicality on former employers' records, after 9 month wait.
TWP expired end of March (I know, don't shoot the messanger).
Asked NSPNP about Community Identified but told he needed job offer.

So questions:
Any recommended course of action?
Try and get the TWP extended (even though he's working abroad)?
Appeals?
Any observations?
Is NSPNP correct? I got PR via NSPNP/CIS and there was no job requirement as I recall back in 2008/2009. Maybe this is new. Or maybe someone's confused? I mean, NSPNP/SWS needs a job offer but CIS??
Surely there is some appeal or recourse where PR applications are taking so long compared to the lifetime of TWPs?
Or is my friend going to need to accept that he's looking at a period back in dear old blighty while things sort themselves out?

Any anecdotes accepted, but facts preferred. Thanks guys.

Last edited by wbexpat; Apr 8th 2013 at 10:31 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 10:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Whats the wife's status, does she have a valid visa? And is he now on a visitor visa, if so, when does it expire?

I didn't think the CIS required a job offer either, unless it's changed recently. But it does require that an applicant is employable, so maybe they weren't convinced he was?

What did he do, is the Canadian Experience Class an option? What route was his recent PR application under?
Old Apr 8th 2013, 10:46 pm
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Whats the wife's status, does she have a valid visa? And is he now on a visitor visa, if so, when does it expire?

I didn't think the CIS required a job offer either, unless it's changed recently. But it does require that an applicant is employable, so maybe they weren't convinced he was?

What did he do, is the Canadian Experience Class an option? What route was his recent PR application under?
Hello Xmas. Thanks for replying.
Wife's status is 'unclear' to the extent that she *was* here under his TWP and now it's expired so I guess that makes her a visitor, although she wasn't admitted as such as a visitor. Like I said: complicated. Being a brit she would I guess have "up to 6 months" if she were to pitch up at the airport, same as anyone else.

The chap is certainly employable. Degree is electronic engineering, 20 years experience, brain the size of a planet etc. No health issues, not a "drain on society" etc. Both of them volunteer for the local fire dept, community clubs etc. Pillars of the community if anything. He is currently designing mobile phones in Sweden so he's no slouch

His recent rejected PR was under CEC. Apparently his former employer dragged their heels with the paperwork. The result is that the adjudicator noted 22 months of work experience instead of the 24 required within the dates under consideration. (It would have been 24 had the employer cooperated) and that despite having a NOC code and written job offer the employer had failed to confirm that the duties as performed were the duties as posted for the NOC code the LMO was obtained under.

Apparently there is no appeal against the CEC PR rejection.

I have to say I do have an itch regarding what he was told about CIS and a job offer. Looks like you have the same itch.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 10:49 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

I wonder too how recent this feedback was provided re CIS requiring job offer, if very recent perhaps this is an indication of the imminent changes, however if this is the case then it would effectively mean that CIS is being done away with completely as the skilled worker PNP stream is available.

Big shame if that is the case, as there are many people who have come through this stream and have met the goals of the stream and have gained employment and become long term residents of the Province.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 10:54 pm
Truro NS

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
I wonder too how recent this feedback was provided re CIS requiring job offer, if very recent perhaps this is an indication of the imminent changes, however if this is the case then it would effectively mean that CIS is being done away with completely as the skilled worker PNP stream is available.

Big shame if that is the case, as there are many people who have come through this stream and have met the goals of the stream and have gained employment and become long term residents of the Province.
Yep, I'm one of them.
5 years as a productive tax payer so far.

Mind you, when I downloaded and examined NSPNP's own PDF regarding CIS this very evening there was no mention of a requirement for an employment offer.

Im hoping your assessment is not correct. The guy Im talking about and his family are very well liked in the community. I am wondering whether this can be leveraged at all in terms of letters of support etc. Any ideas?
Old Apr 9th 2013, 12:08 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wbexpat
Yep, I'm one of them.
5 years as a productive tax payer so far.

Mind you, when I downloaded and examined NSPNP's own PDF regarding CIS this very evening there was no mention of a requirement for an employment offer.

Im hoping your assessment is not correct. The guy Im talking about and his family are very well liked in the community. I am wondering whether this can be leveraged at all in terms of letters of support etc. Any ideas?
I think I would be contacting ns pnp direct and chatting to them re the info provided , like you say based on the info right now they don't require job offer and would fully meet CIS, though I do know that the role of the RDA's is very much up in the air at this moment , pending the press release , Frances Woolf I believe is the go to person , hope it all works out for your friends
Old Apr 9th 2013, 12:21 am
Truro NS

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
I think I would be contacting ns pnp direct and chatting to them re the info provided , like you say based on the info right now they don't require job offer and would fully meet CIS, though I do know that the role of the RDA's is very much up in the air at this moment , pending the press release , Frances Woolf I believe is the go to person , hope it all works out for your friends
Yep, it's Frances.
She was extremely helpful when I have a blip in 2008.
I don't know if her info is new or old or accurate.
My pal has chosen a terrible time to have in-doubt status.
Thanks for the info Nikki, I think it confirms my suspicions as to where he needs to go next. If only things didn't take so long.
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.