TWP Dilema

Old Jan 27th 2010, 5:09 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP Dilema

Sorry - I didnt get a chance to check the NOC ...

I agree.. go with whatever will get you here

Best of luck.

Old Jan 27th 2010, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie
Sorry - I didnt get a chance to check the NOC ...

I agree.. go with whatever will get you here

Best of luck.

I was meaning - if they can get PNP go that route the other alternative Ali was saying was for her to get a job doing something with a catagory so OH could get a SOWP.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 5:29 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

it's late in the day now, so i don't go and triple check it, sorry...
but: when i went through the pnp route (i'm in bc though and it's been a while ) it was possible to get a lmo-exempt wp based on your provincial nomination (you had to be nominated and your pnp officer had to write a support letter to be included in the twp application).

you might want to look into that if you think that time would be an issue - ie your oh's (next) wp running out before you get pr through your oh's pnp (assuming that that would be the most viable option)

this is the link to the foreign worker manual: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...w/fw01-eng.pdf the thing i'm talking about is on page 44.

sorry if that's completely stupid and irrelevant to your situation.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lof
it's late in the day now, so i don't go and triple check it, sorry...
but: when i went through the pnp route (i'm in bc though and it's been a while ) it was possible to get a lmo-exempt wp based on your provincial nomination (you had to be nominated and your pnp officer had to write a support letter to be included in the twp application).

you might want to look into that if you think that time would be an issue - ie your oh's (next) wp running out before you get pr through your oh's pnp (assuming that that would be the most viable option)

this is the link to the foreign worker manual: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...w/fw01-eng.pdf the thing i'm talking about is on page 44.

sorry if that's completely stupid and irrelevant to your situation.
Yeah Lof is creates some sort of Implied Status inbetween TWP and PR
Old Jan 28th 2010, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

allicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant future

Spoke to VRV imigration consultants about the change that moondevil mentioned. It only applies to skill level O,A & B which doesn't help us any so back to the drawing board. Will keep looking for a job for myself hope to find one soon.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by allicat001
Spoke to VRV imigration consultants about the change that moondevil mentioned. It only applies to skill level O,A & B which doesn't help us any so back to the drawing board. Will keep looking for a job for myself hope to find one soon.
that is what I thought dont worry something will come up - can you get an extension of your TWP's to cove you while you apply for PR
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

allicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by burton bunch
that is what I thought dont worry something will come up - can you get an extension of your TWP's to cove you while you apply for PR
Yes H&R said they will extend OH TWP for a year but if I don't get a job he will have to do long haul to get PR.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:46 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

If the OP was a financial advisor in the UK can she not apply for PR as the main applicant?
Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Thats the plan but I need to get a job first as not enough points without it.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Thats the plan but I need to get a job first as not enough points without it.
Have pm'd you
Old Jan 28th 2010, 12:35 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Yeah Lof is creates some sort of Implied Status inbetween TWP and PR
i think we are not talking about the same thing. implied status is something different. i'm talking about a "real" twp.

fwiw i've actually had one of those work permits - it's a regular work permit. you just don't need a lmo (if you look at the fw-manual [link in my post above] there are several exemptions from getting a lmo, this is one of them, outlined on page 44).
my wp was granted because a) i had been nominated by my province for pnp and b) my sponsoring employer needed me to work with them asap. my pnp officer wrote a confirmation letter, referring to r204(c) which i had to include in my wp application.

but hey...
Old Jan 28th 2010, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a somewhat complicated question.

We are in Alberta on my husbands TWP he is shunt driver so not long haul and therefore not able to get a PNP. His company said they will renew his TWP when it runs out in Sep for another year but if we want PNP he has to go out on the road which is what we are trying to avoid.

I am now looking for a job as a financial advisor or anything else that qualifies for a pnp. Wondering what the situation will be with my hubby if we dont get PR by the time his renewed work permit has run out. Will he then have to leave the country for 4 months, or will he just not beable to work. Also if I get a job where he can have spousal open work permit is it best for him to take that rather than renewing his own work permit?

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.
We're in a similar situation. Applied for SW under the old system (June AOR) and my TWP expires in August. I'm just waiting for med requests.

My immigration consultant told me not to worry about it- hopefully we'll have PR before it expires. My employers lawyer isnt so optimistic and has suggested we apply to extend the TWP. He reckons it takes around 3 months, so we're gonna get started in the next couple of weeks.

If you're gonna apply to extend the TWP, my advice is to do it sooner rather than later.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jericho
We're in a similar situation. Applied for SW under the old system (June AOR) and my TWP expires in August. I'm just waiting for med requests.

My immigration consultant told me not to worry about it- hopefully we'll have PR before it expires. My employers lawyer isnt so optimistic and has suggested we apply to extend the TWP. He reckons it takes around 3 months, so we're gonna get started in the next couple of weeks.

If you're gonna apply to extend the TWP, my advice is to do it sooner rather than later.
My hubbys company has immigration consultants that do it for them. So not something we have to do the worry is that the renewed TWP will run out before we get PR as they only renew for a year now according to OH employer. If that happens then we are stuck.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

My hubbys company has immigration consultants that do it for them. So not something we have to do the worry is that the renewed TWP will run out before we get PR as they only renew for a year now according to OH employer. If that happens then we are stuck.
At least with the new rules you don't have to leave the country for 4 months, so his employer can renew and renew again if necessary while you're looking for work. If he takes the long haul, then you get a Spousal Open Work Permit (new for Alberta) and can work anywhere.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lloydies
At least with the new rules you don't have to leave the country for 4 months, so his employer can renew and renew again if necessary while you're looking for work. If he takes the long haul, then you get a Spousal Open Work Permit (new for Alberta) and can work anywhere.
Thanks for that, I didn't know that. We were worried about the having to leave the country for four months bit. Hence the question in the first place.

No more mad pannick now the stress can wait till after the wedding now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.