TWP confusion!!!!!

Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:05 pm
Im strange but not scary!

city4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the rough
Question TWP confusion!!!!!

Hello everyone, Im totally confused about one particular part of the TWP application.
I am a truck mechanic in the UK and have a job offer in Ontario, and am currently waiting for a LMO. I will need to write the trade exam when I get to Ontario so I can become a licence truck mechanic, this is where the confusion starts. I have been told I will need to show I am eligible to challenge the exam when I apply for my TWP, so I contacted the Ministry of training and education in Ontario to see how I can get a letter of permission to show I am eligible, I was informed the only way to get a letter of permissions to challenge the exam is to bring all the necessary documents (Trade certs and work history) to an apprentice office and have them assessed in person.
So what I really need to know is do you need a letter of permission from the licencing body show you are eligible to challenge your trade exam when you apply for your TWP? If you do, dose that mean everyone that has gone to work in a regulated profession in Ontario has first travelled to Ontario to have there qualifications assessed before they applied tor the TWP.
If this is the case I think I'm up s**t creek without a paddle as I just came back from Ontario!!
If anyone has any advice or info I'd really appreciate it.

CITY4