Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP - can i send off with ACPO to follow?

TWP - can i send off with ACPO to follow?

Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:07 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold
Default TWP - can i send off with ACPO to follow?

Yet another question - sorry

Have just sent off for my ACPO - had initially sent for SAR but thought to be safe Id send both.

Question is:- can i send off my TWP application NOW rather than wait for the ACPO, and send that on when I get it?

I will need to have a medical anyway as Im a nurse, so will have plenty of time to send the police check in - as obviously no rush coz medical takes ages

thanks tanah
Old Jun 26th 2008, 12:36 am
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of
Default Re: TWP - can i send off with ACPO to follow?

I'd wait for ACPO it won't take long.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Hi Tanah

I would send what you have now. We didnt realise we had to send police checks so our application went without them. When Lynne got her med request the form said medical and police check so we got ACPO and sent it off and followed with medical when that was done and we got TWPs on Friday no issues.

As an aside it was only Lynne(nurse) who was asked for a police check not myself who is spousal open work permit.

Cheers
Tom
Old Jun 26th 2008, 12:45 am
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of

Always send more information then less i my advise.

And double, no, treble check what they require!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

I would generally agree but given that for nurses there is always a further info required letter and therefore a delay the few days saved by applying sooner is possibly worth it. It was for us it took a week off of our application time.

Cheers
Tom
Old Jun 26th 2008, 12:53 am
plw
9 inch member

Doesn't it just then get put to the bottom of the file with a big 'waiting for more documents' on???????
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

yes it does but that happens with all nurse applications because you have to have a medical which is requested on the more information form.

I presume you got the tick sheet back from CIC with some boxes ticked and some handwritten notes on the bottom? All nurses get that as the trigger for their medical.

ACPO takes less time to get than a medical takes to arrange and sort out so its the medical that slows you down. Waiting a week for an ACPO will only delay your overall application by a week when you could be doing it while your application is sitting in the 4 week+ wait for medical request.

If you are not expecting a medical then I would agree wait for ACPO but as Tanah is a nurse I would say save yourself a week.

Cheers
Tom
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:19 am
plw
9 inch member

I bow down to your superior knowledge in on this matter.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

No need to bow, Sir will do

I am the paperwork master on our application and I didn't realise that a police check was required so ours was a result of my ignorance.
The CIC site says you MAY require a police check so I didn't bother. The day after I sent our application I got a PM advising that a police check was pretty much required for nurses so we went down to the local nick that morning and requested SARS. They hadn't turned up when we got the letter back asking for meds and Police check so Lynne applied for ACPO speedy service. The SARS came in 2 days later so I sent Lynnes off while she sorted out the medical.

Its all good now but the waiting is horrendous. Good luck with your further info.

Tom
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:38 am
plw
9 inch member

Thank you kind SIR
Old Jun 27th 2008, 8:19 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Thanks all - sods law I posted this thread and the SAR came through this morning lol - so havent sent the application yet so i'll just put it in