Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP approved flying this Sat - now refused entry - Please Help- Urgent

TWP approved flying this Sat - now refused entry - Please Help- Urgent

Old Sep 10th 2011, 10:27 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP approved flying this Sat - now refused entry - Please Help- Urgent

Originally Posted by tron08028
Thanks Aviator,

hopefully CAB, can advise me, because on the strength of my my TWP approval letter, I handed in my notice etc (my previous employers will not take me back now - maybe a blessing in disguise), so surely, from a legal point of view, there has to be some kind of a case against the CHC - whether they were right or wrong in approving my TWP - they have now made me unemployed
I seriously doubt you would have any kind of legal redress against CIC. Seldom is taking on the govt. as productive use of time, especially a foreign government.

You may want to seek legal advice as to whether you have a claim against the lawyer, if they messed up and you can prove it, this is more likely way you could go. If they are in Canada though, you would have to take them to court in Canada, as you cannot currently come to Canada, that is going to be a problem.

It also depends who hired and paid the immigration lawyer. If it was you then you would likely initiate the case, if it was your Canadian employer then it would be more likely they would have to do it.

If you are eligible for rehabilitation, you may find a more productive use of time trying to secure that.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

tron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to all
Post Re: TWP approved flying this Sat - now refused entry - Please Help- Urgent

Originally Posted by Aviator
I seriously doubt you would have any kind of legal redress against CIC. Seldom is taking on the govt. as productive use of time, especially a foreign government.

You may want to seek legal advice as to whether you have a claim against the lawyer, if they messed up and you can prove it, this is more likely way you could go. If they are in Canada though, you would have to take them to court in Canada, as you cannot currently come to Canada, that is going to be a problem.

It also depends who hired and paid the immigration lawyer. If it was you then you would likely initiate the case, if it was your Canadian employer then it would be more likely they would have to do it.

If you are eligible for rehabilitation, you may find a more productive use of time trying to secure that.
Thanks Aviator,

duly notedI am just so frustrated right now, as jobs are so hard to come by at the moment. I personally paid the immigration consultant (lots of money) would you, by any chance know after ten years, if I would be automatically deemed rehabilitated, or would I still have to apply for criminal rehabilitation? Searching through the forums and wiki, this is still a little confusing as I was convicted on 27th June 2001, and banned for one year. This means ten years from then is 27th June 2012, which may be quicker waiting for than applying for rehabilitation - which can take up to one year?

Thanks

Last edited by tron08028; Sep 10th 2011 at 10:56 am.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 11:54 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP approved flying this Sat - now refused entry - Please Help- Urgent

Originally Posted by tron08028
Thanks Aviator,

duly notedI am just so frustrated right now, as jobs are so hard to come by at the moment. I personally paid the immigration consultant (lots of money) would you, by any chance know after ten years, if I would be automatically deemed rehabilitated, or would I still have to apply for criminal rehabilitation? Searching through the forums and wiki, this is still a little confusing as I was convicted on 27th June 2001, and banned for one year. This means ten years from then is 27th June 2012, which may be quicker waiting for than applying for rehabilitation - which can take up to one year?

Thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...des/5312E3.asp
Old Sep 10th 2011, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

tron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to all
Smile Re: TWP approved flying this Sat - now refused entry - Please Help- Urgent

Thanks
Old Sep 10th 2011, 3:11 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say you have a very good attitude about this - you see so many on here with equally as distressing situations and just getting angry.

I tend to agree with your actions - "it's happened, it sucks, lets deal with it."

I unfortunately don't have any constructive advice - only best wishes for you and yours
Old Sep 11th 2011, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I have to say you have a very good attitude about this - you see so many on here with equally as distressing situations and just getting angry.

I tend to agree with your actions - "it's happened, it sucks, lets deal with it."

I unfortunately don't have any constructive advice - only best wishes for you and yours
Thanks for your support mandymoochops

This is my third laptop - having smashed two against the wall already! (joke). I have just invested too much time and money in this to give up now, hopefully it will work out in the end.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 10:31 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

I wanted to wish you good luck, keep us posted please.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
I wanted to wish you good luck, keep us posted please.
Thanks Miss Clinique,

Just got back from the CHC in London, so hopefully will hear something in the next day or two. Will keep you posted