Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP Application, they are asking for open study permit fee

Wikiposts

TWP Application, they are asking for open study permit fee

Old Mar 29th 2010, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP Application, they are asking for open study permit fee

We moved to NS 2 years ago on a TWP. The Halifax Regional School Board state on their website that the children of TWP holders do not require a study permit.

However, try convincing the CHC of that. In the end we paid the $150 per child simply because we didn't want to delay our application. Never once have we been asked to produce them.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Madwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud of

Ok It has happened. Got home to my own self addressed envelope and my complete WP application back. Asking for the Open Study Permit money. Never mind I just wished they had made it a bit clearer on the Website. At least they had the decency to cross out the bit on the letter that said it had been explained on the website, so they must be aware of the problem.

Well they didn't send the PR app back so that is a bonus!

Sarah
Old Apr 1st 2010, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Madwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud of

Just dropped off my TWP application for the second time with payment for the open study permit. They are $125 or £75 per child.

Btw it is Thursday and there was no queue at all of peeps dropping off their passports as I had been told. I spoke to the guy scanning my envelope and he said there is a queue before 11am but when I was there at about 11.40 there was no sign of it.

Hmm... maybe there are not that many passport requests going out at the moment.

Sarah