TWP anyone had any good news?

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

gurpreet79 has a spectacular aura aboutgurpreet79 has a spectacular aura aboutgurpreet79 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: TWP anyone had any good news?

Wickerman .. I emailed CIC exactly after 6 weeks of my TWP application & exactly after 2 weeks of there getting our medicals to ask the status .. dint get any reply ..
Instead got our visa's on the 19th day of there receving our medicals ..

Check with the designated practitioner .. & ask for the courier details when they send to the Embassy.

Hopefully yours also might be on the way

cheers

Gurpreet
Old Sep 24th 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

ibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by WICKERMAN
Have been reading this thread with great interest and would like to say congrats to everyone who has received their TWP, also keep the faith to all who are still waiting!!.
We put in our application in July 08 and had medical on the 12th August. We are still waiting and getting worn down by it all!!. Can anyone out there tell us, is it the norm for the CIC to acknowledge receipt of the medical? Its been 6 weeks since ours and we have had nothing. Some people on this thread seem to have had a reply, others not and still received their TWPs Any Ideas??
Hi Wickerman

I know that the current processing time is 6 weeks. For my case, I waited 3 and a half months after my medicals to get my TWP. Its only when i complained in an email to the embassy a week before that things started to move. I can't tell you for sure that the complaint helped or maybe it was the time for the TWP to come.
So many people here waited less than 6 weeks and i was getting frustrated daily when i was reading the posts here.

Another example is my OH has applied for the TWP in July 08 and she has not even got her medical request yet. It was a mistake on our part to apply separately cos we agreed that I will go there first and after 6-9 months she will follow with the kids.

So I dont know how it works at the embassy but it remains very unpredictable regarding the timeline. I can understand that you feel that you can't do anything apart from waiting. Its a very frustrating time as we all went through it.

I am going through it again even though I have got my TWP last week, like when to resign? ...things like am i doing the right thing here, how about if i dont like Canada even though i lost count of the number of times i went there on holiday but living there can be different, if i need to come back will i get my job back.. how much money to take, am i selling or renting my house .etc

Regards

Ibby
Old Sep 24th 2008, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

WICKERMAN will become famous soon enough

Hi Gurpreet79 + ibbye13

Thanks for the advice , we have contacted our immigration consultants who are also handling our P.R application and they are contacting the CHC ( well thats what we pay them for afterall ).
So its back to the waiting game again , im getting fed up telling people that we still havnt heard anything ( think i'll get a t-shirt with NO DONT ASK printed on it ). Still not sold the house now looking into renting it out.

Oh well got to keep the faith , chin up + carry on stalking the postman.

Cheers good luck to all
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

hie all
yay it's finally happened..we are in Vancouver. Everything went well and it was so easy, I wish I hadn't stressed over things.
Those still waiting or about to leave for Canada, goodluck and see you when you get here
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

alimoo is on a distinguished road

Hi Sioux,
Really pleased to hear that the move went well to Vancouver.We're off in a week so still at that mess and boxes stage!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sioux
hie all
yay it's finally happened..we are in Vancouver. Everything went well and it was so easy, I wish I hadn't stressed over things.
Those still waiting or about to leave for Canada, goodluck and see you when you get here
Well done sioux enjoy and relax now
Old Sep 27th 2008, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Brunti is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LMBrian
I have been told that 3 to 4 weeks is currently the norm for TWP processing time. I have applied to work as electrician with OH applying for Spousal TWP. Has anyone experienced this or otherwise?
Hi LMBrian.

Our timeline is very similar to yours although a few weeks earlier and my TWP came through in about 3 weeks together with OH OTWP. I'm also electrician. Whereabouts are you going?

Chris
Old Sep 27th 2008, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

VanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sioux
hie all
Hi Sioux,

Congrats on making it there safe and sound. How was immigration? Where you there for a long time. Hope everything goes well for you in Vancouver. We arrive in 2 weeks so we are also still in box chaos stage!! But will be worth it in the end.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

TheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura about

Hi guys, Congrats to all those who got their twps in the last week or so. Haven't checked this for a bit as havent got internet yet. In a coffee place at the mo using their free wifi - looking forward to being connected with the world this week. Everything good so far

Good luck to those waiting.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

LMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Brunti
Hi LMBrian.

Our timeline is very similar to yours although a few weeks earlier and my TWP came through in about 3 weeks together with OH OTWP. I'm also electrician. Whereabouts are you going?

Chris
Hi Brunti

No TWPs today-getting a little concerned. We are heading to Calgary with Trotter and Morton. Just want to book flights and and hand in notice at work:curse::curse: We intend living in Okotoks. Have you sorted accommodation yet?
Old Sep 29th 2008, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

neilandKat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
We handed in our TWP applications last week but we're both incredibly angry with how thongs have turned out up to now.
Should start by outlining the process we've been through.

– Applied for job in Vancouver island six or so months ago.
– Application was successful and LMO was applied for by employer.
When I was being interviewed the employer made it clear that I had a specific start date of October 6th and through contacts they had were confident my permit would be granted with this date in mind.
– To meet this deadline of October 6th my new employers put a huge amount of pressure on me to hand my notice in before I had received my TWP. Managed to hold out handing my notice in until last week but have now done it and have a leaving date of 17th October.
– LMO was approved the day after I handed my notice in and I was under the impression we were on our way to apply for TWP when we arrive in Vancouver.
– Employers are now nervous about us applying when we land and have requested that we apply in London, even though this will significantly delay our application. Application was submitted on 23rd September to Canadian High Commission

Now, I wouldn't have had a problem with this process I WISH they had made it clear BEFORE we both handed in our notice that they were flexible and could wait for the application to be processed in the UK.

Come October 17th we will both be unemployed and hence not be able to pay our mortgage any longer. I am a graphic designer with a very specialized portfolio and cannot foresee me getting another permanent job that would pay well enough to meet the mortgage in time for 17th October. Hence we have come to the decision that we will have to relinquish our home to tenants and seek a modest roof over our heads until the TWP arrives.

So we find ourselves waiting, hoping, praying that the Permit arrives in the next three weeks before we both have to move to the cheapest rented flat we can find and get temping jobs while we wait this out.

We're just incredibly anxious and scared. We've both given up our jobs and therefore had to relinquish our home, waiting on an TWP that may or may not be approved according to the whim of a government organization that seems to work sporadically and without reason. I'm 30yrs old and am even considering taking Kat and moving 250 miles back home to live with my Mother in Liverpool. At least then we can afford to wait a month or two before we have to take temporary work.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

fozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant future

Hi Neil,

Can you not retract your notice for another month?

CHC, always advise never hand in notice to employer, I know that doesnt help you now but, speak to your employer, might be awkward but needs must.

Good luck.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

neilandKat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi fozzy33,
Yes, following day I approached my present employer and explained the situation. My direct senior was very understanding and offered to do all he could but the MD is a @£$%& and said that he has already accepted my resignation letter and there was nothing that could be done. I know that he could if he wanted to but just likes stamping his authority on people.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Brunti is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LMBrian
Hi Brunti

No TWPs today-getting a little concerned. We are heading to Calgary with Trotter and Morton. Just want to book flights and and hand in notice at work:curse::curse: We intend living in Okotoks. Have you sorted accommodation yet?
Hey I applied to Trotter & Morton too and was looking at Calgary. Changed our plans at the last minute though because we'd already booked a trip to BC in May and while we were there fell in love with the area and managed to get a job offer while there. Everything has happened really quickly and smoothly although shouldn't say that on this thread (!) We've arranged to stay in the holiday accommodation we stayed in last May just for a couple of months until we find somewhere to buy as have just managed to sell house

Did you send a police check and SAE with your application? From what I can gather on here it seems to be the little things that holds the process up.

Chris
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

LMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Brunti
Hey I applied to Trotter & Morton too and was looking at Calgary. Changed our plans at the last minute though because we'd already booked a trip to BC in May and while we were there fell in love with the area and managed to get a job offer while there. Everything has happened really quickly and smoothly although shouldn't say that on this thread (!) We've arranged to stay in the holiday accommodation we stayed in last May just for a couple of months until we find somewhere to buy as have just managed to sell house

Did you send a police check and SAE with your application? From what I can gather on here it seems to be the little things that holds the process up.

Chris
Yeah sent a police check for both of us to be sure! And everything else that I'm aware of but thinking really stupid things like...did I sign the damn form and my head is just wrecked over it! I'm not sure if I should drop them an e-mail or call or just sit tight for another week. Great that yee sold house....we will have to our house out and can't give the car away never mind sell it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.