British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   TWP anyone had any good news? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/twp-anyone-had-any-good-news-546804/)

Coffeepot Sep 17th 2008 9:23 am

Re: TWP anyone had any good news?

Originally Posted by TheGrizzlyHattons (Post 6791799)
The Eagle has landed!!! At last they have arrived! We are booked on tomorrows flight yipeeee :thumbsup:

Any news Or4angecrush, alimoo?

Fantastic GH

Gosh they are coming thick and fast this week tolkd you they have taken on someone full time :thumbsup: celebrations tonight

Really pleased for you ;)

Julie_p Sep 17th 2008 9:37 am

The Eagle has landed!!! At last they have arrived! We are booked on tomorrows flight yipeeee :thumbsup:

Congratulation GrizzlyHattons :thumbsup::thumbsup:Fantastic news!

And flights tomorrow you didnt hang around did you? :rofl:
good luck on your journey x

fozzy33 Sep 17th 2008 1:23 pm

excellent news GH,

cant believe your going tomorrow, well done. xx

TheGrizzlyHattons Sep 17th 2008 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Julie_p (Post 6791858)
Congratulation GrizzlyHattons :thumbsup::thumbsup:Fantastic news!

And flights tomorrow you didnt hang around did you? :rofl:
good luck on your journey x

well you know fast workers ha ha actually OH was due to start his job two weeks ago and so wants to get there asap. Also we were a bit premature and have already moved out of our house and our things were shipped at the beginning of this week. We are also due to close on our new house!!! Therefore had alot riding on these pieces of paper - we have learnt our lesson :eek:

Once set up on internet will be checking to see if anymore good news. I think coffeepot is right but I think they get the extra help in every couple of months and get a load out!

Tanah Sep 17th 2008 3:35 pm

wooooooooooooooooot!!! congratulations - tomorrows flight ( is that today??) hell thats fast - we fly on the 26th and I thought we were cutting it fine - what on earth have you guys been sitting on for the last few weeks lol?????
removals coming 24th - travel down to airport 25th early start 26th - LONG LONG day of travelling - 27th relax and do sod all lol. Have to admit Im absolutely crapping myself now - havent been this nervous for many many years. Not sleeping with nerves - feel sick and panicky wondering what the hell im doing - luckily theres plenty of posts on here that say others feel the same - im sure in 9-10 months I'll look back and laugh at myself now

Fozzy - ha told you i scared my postman - he must have been rooting through that post office on our behalf for weeks lol

anne-ireland Sep 17th 2008 4:01 pm

hi all have been following this thread for weeks now, and have decided i want to play as well; as you will see from our time line we have recieved our LMO for oh, and have now discovered that i have to renew passports:curse: which should take about 2 weeks, then it's send off twp form and start waiting, though i have to say im not in major hurry as i still have loads to do.

I am also very scared by the whole prospect and i think in a bit of denial!!!:unsure:

Any way will keep my time line posted and will let you know when im postie watching.

Anne

alimoo Sep 17th 2008 4:46 pm

Congrats grizzly hattons,
We have the TWP today and flights booked on 4th Oct.
Lots to do before then but its great not being in limbo land anymore!
Look forward to hearing about your new life in Canada.
;)

Tanah- i know how you are feeling same stress and sleepless nights as so much to do-everything whizzing around my head.:ohmy:
But i'm trying to imagine how different and peaceful things will seem once over there.
Maybe we'll meet up if you're in the same area?

Annie- ireland welcome!:)

TheGrizzlyHattons Sep 17th 2008 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by alimoo (Post 6793283)
;)

Tanah- i know how you are feeling same stress and sleepless nights as so much to do-everything whizzing around my head.:ohmy:
But i'm trying to imagine how different and peaceful things will seem once over there.
Oh and have been staying with my very patient parents!

Congratulations Alimoo fantastic!

Tanah I think it is natural for most people. I decided when I first visited Canada at 12 I wanted to live there and spent 6 months there when I was at Uni on an exchange, however I still have a spinny head and sleepless nights. Therefore Ive decided its natural anxiety especially when leaving family/friends and the comfort of what you know!

Anne-Ireland - good luck with your application :thumbsup:

scotcal00 Sep 17th 2008 5:20 pm

great news to all that have now got their work permits and good luck to all those still waitin .my they are startin to come through every day now :thumbsup:

or4ngecrush Sep 17th 2008 5:40 pm

Congratulations GH, cant believe you booked flights already.

All the best..x

Coffeepot Sep 17th 2008 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Tanah (Post 6792952)
wooooooooooooooooot!!! congratulations - tomorrows flight ( is that today??) hell thats fast - we fly on the 26th and I thought we were cutting it fine - what on earth have you guys been sitting on for the last few weeks lol?????
removals coming 24th - travel down to airport 25th early start 26th - LONG LONG day of travelling - 27th relax and do sod all lol. Have to admit Im absolutely crapping myself now - havent been this nervous for many many years. Not sleeping with nerves - feel sick and panicky wondering what the hell im doing - luckily theres plenty of posts on here that say others feel the same - im sure in 9-10 months I'll look back and laugh at myself now

Fozzy - ha told you i scared my postman - he must have been rooting through that post office on our behalf for weeks lol

You will be okay Tanah deep breaths cry when you need to don't bottle it up, best thing is if you can go and work out go for as run etc helps get it out of your system hun :wub:

Originally Posted by anne-ireland (Post 6793085)
hi all have been following this thread for weeks now, and have decided i want to play as well; as you will see from our time line we have recieved our LMO for oh, and have now discovered that i have to renew passports:curse: which should take about 2 weeks, then it's send off twp form and start waiting, though i have to say im not in major hurry as i still have loads to do.

I am also very scared by the whole prospect and i think in a bit of denial!!!:unsure:

Any way will keep my time line posted and will let you know when im postie watching.

Well done on getting your LMO hope the passports aren't too long in coming back, i think they are getting them out quickly at the moment :thumbsup:

good luck

Anne

Congratulations on getting TWP Today :thumbsup: good luck

Blimy they are shelling them out whos still waiting ??

Originally Posted by TheGrizzlyHattons (Post 6793387)
Congratulations Alimoo fantastic!

Tanah I think it is natural for most people. I decided when I first visited Canada at 12 I wanted to live there and spent 6 months there when I was at Uni on an exchange, however I still have a spinny head and sleepless nights. Therefore Ive decided its natural anxiety especially when leaving family/friends and the comfort of what you know!

Anne-Ireland - good luck with your application :thumbsup:

Good luck with your flight tomorrow that has to be the quickest flight after recieving TWP i have seen on here

Wish you all the very bast in your new life :thumbsup: don't forget to keep in touch ;)

Julie_p Sep 17th 2008 5:56 pm

;)

Congratulations alimoo :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Do you think the cic folk have been on something this week? speed maybe :rofl::rofl:

anne-ireland Sep 17th 2008 6:05 pm

thanks everyone for welcoming me :D and congrats on getting your good news, the best of luck to all those embarking on their new life....:thumbsup:

anyone else heading to Calgary?

Anne

Coffeepot Sep 17th 2008 6:08 pm

Do you think the cic folk have been on something this week? speed maybe :rofl::rofl:[/QUOTE]
I reckon they are on flexi time there won't be anyone there for the whole of next month ;)

gurpreet79 Sep 18th 2008 12:48 pm

Congratulations GH :thumbsup:

Nothing for me today :(

All the best for future ..:thumbup:

gurpreet