TWP anyone had any good news?

Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:54 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TWP anyone had any good news?

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush
Hello,

I have not applied for PR yet I have to have a medical for my TWP as I work with children, but I emailed my lawyer and he has sent an email to NSNP Department. We'll see what happens there.....
Hiya - Im the same medical was for TWP not PR.

Whats NSNP dept?
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:59 am

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tanah
Hiya - Im the same medical was for TWP not PR.

Whats NSNP dept?
It's PNP but for Nova Scotia, Nova Scotia Nomination Programme
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

TheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura about

Hi Or4nge

Im still waiting too - its seems to be more about when CHC receive your medicals not so much when they were done. Some places get them back faster. I contacted the clinic I had mine done at and they gave me the tracking number so i checked online withthe PO to see if and when they were accepted by CHC - I had my medical done on 31/7 - but CHC didnt receive the results etc til the 15th. If you get no news today, contact the clinic and get the tracking number to see when CHC got the results - peace of mind too as you will know they were received

Tanah
wonder if all of ours is in the same pile!! According to the doctors I went to for the medical CHC should have received my results 14/15 August - therefore I have been looking on this daily to see if you have got your TWP approval yet!! We had an email a couple of days ago saying our case was being reviewed by the visa officer so we're hoping it won't be long now as before that the response was that it was with the medical department. My OH is supposed to be starting work on Monday!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:03 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TheGrizzlyHattons
wonder if all of ours is in the same pile!! According to the doctors I went to for the medical CHC should have received my results 14/15 August - therefore I have been looking on this daily to see if you have got your TWP approval yet!! We had an email a couple of days ago saying our case was being reviewed by the visa officer so we're hoping it won't be long now as before that the response was that it was with the medical department. My OH is supposed to be starting work on Monday!
was the email a response to one you sent or did they just email you to tell you??
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:06 pm

oh god, I have had a job offer for two years now, wonder when my employer will give up. Sat on paperwork for a whole year without anything been sent off, then got a new lawyer and the ball started rolling March this year.

Sick of waiting, would have been quicker to apply for PR probably, lol
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

TheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura about

was the email a response to one you sent or did they just email you to tell you??
Yes don't worry it was a response to our email. Don't think they'd be that helpful would they?!! We are staying with my mum and dad now waiting for it and have made friends with their postie, he is looking out for it for us!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

oh god, I have had a job offer for two years now, wonder when my employer will give up. Sat on paperwork for a whole year without anything been sent off, then got a new lawyer and the ball started rolling March this year.

Sick of waiting, would have been quicker to apply for PR probably, lol
wow sorry to hear about that - that is a long process hey! Hopefully it will come through very soon.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:32 pm

wow sorry to hear about that - that is a long process hey! Hopefully it will come through very soon.
Yeah the thing is a nomination shouldn't take that long (which it hasn't) but it because nothing was sent off for a whole year. I gave up on that immigration consultant and got a new one (lawyer this time), which has helped.

You can see it on my time line below.

Last edited by or4ngecrush; Sep 5th 2008 at 12:38 pm. Reason: adding a n and a t
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah the thing is a nomination shouldn't take that long (which it hasn't) but it because nothing was sent off for a whole year. I gave up on that immigration consultant and got a new one (lawyer this time), which has helped.

You can see it on my time line below.
so did the immigration consultant do nothing at all? Thats bad and very frustrating. At least your lawyer has got things sorted.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 1:01 pm

so did the immigration consultant do nothing at all? Thats bad and very frustrating. At least your lawyer has got things sorted.
He told me what papers to get etc...... but emailed him and at times never got any replies. Never knew what situation I was at or when my papers were to get sent off. Even my employer was frustrated, asking me what was happening.

I know there was a period of me trying to get job history but after about 3 months I got all I could. Still never knew what was happening and that nothing still hadn't been sent off. So after some bad news with me at Christmas time I had enough and I arranged a new lawyer and after three months everything was sent off, which was further than I had ever got in a year.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:40 pm
is Happy

Yes don't worry it was a response to our email. Don't think they'd be that helpful would they?!! We are staying with my mum and dad now waiting for it and have made friends with their postie, he is looking out for it for us!
phew!!! panic over lol

well at least there are others with the same timeline as me, I was starting to think I was being left out or ignored. Im more pissed off at the medical centre taking sooooooo long to send my stuff off to be honest - I had the medical on the 31/7/08 and they didnt send it til the 14th - 2 weeks!!! what the hell takes 2 weeks, I knew the blood test results were back by the following week, surely the x-ray report doesnt take 2weeks???

anyway, its all there now so I will just have to continue to wait impatiently

Good luck to both of you
Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

may i ask why you did not go and get your TWP on landing
would thi snot hav ebeen so stressfull
Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:52 pm
is Happy

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
I couldnt I needed to have a medical
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:33 pm

I got a reply from the NSNP department and they said

"This part of the processing is in federal hands and there is at least a three months wait, after medicals are completed, before ultimate decision. This is because this part of the decision must go through the Designated Medical Practitioner Officer, and the decision is based on their expertise. There is nothing we can do at this stage to speed things up."

So i should hear back end of October early November is what I have been told.

At least I don't need to postie stalk now.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
Hey Canada dreams - I think Tanah is a nurse therefore had to have a medical so couldn't apply at POE. I am a teacher and so also have to have a medical. My OH didnt need one in his job but because I wanted a spousal open work permit its made the whole thing longer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.