TWP anyone had any good news?

Old Aug 30th 2008, 2:43 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TWP anyone had any good news?

Originally Posted by nextphase
Hi to everyone ,
It seems so many of you are applying or getting job offers and heading over to Canada via the twp route . Sounds like the best way ... We applied 22nd jan 2007 via the skilled workers route . I have family out there , brother and sister .. We are going over in Nov and think we should do a major job hunt and apply possible the way you guys have .. appreciate any advice . thanks julie and john
Line up a whole load of Job interviews and try and get someone to hire you with an LMO application and your good to go!!! lol
Old Aug 30th 2008, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

elinorryves is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: TWP anyone had any good news?

Hi, we have just endured yet another friday and saturday awaiting the permit. we are getting desperate as we have a rental which we have just paid for (deposit + months rent) need to send off contracts signed for year, and am worried that we wont get it!!!!!
DOES THIS EVER HAPPEN?
PLEASE PUT OUR MINDS AT EASE
6 weeks exactly yesterday and sent an e mail badgering them for some clues to when etc...
SOMEONE MAKE US FEEL A BIT HAPPY
Old Aug 30th 2008, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Dis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by nextphase
Hi to everyone ,
It seems so many of you are applying or getting job offers and heading over to Canada via the twp route . Sounds like the best way ... We applied 22nd jan 2007 via the skilled workers route . I have family out there , brother and sister .. We are going over in Nov and think we should do a major job hunt and apply possible the way you guys have .. appreciate any advice . thanks julie and john

Hello Nextphase!! We too are considering applying TWP route. Can I be nosey and ask what you do for a living?? My husband is an accountant and I am a teacher.. .{of which there is NO shortage}.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

nextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nice

Hi , not nosey at all .... My partner is a warehouse manager and I am Care support worker and also a hairdresser.. We have heard that an employer can only offer a job to an outsider if there are no canadians suitable and to prove that . We are gettin confused over this as it seems a lot of people are managing to get out this way via job offers ...
Old Aug 31st 2008, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Dis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura about

nextphase
Hi , not nosey at all .... My partner is a warehouse manager and I am Care support worker and also a hairdresser.. We have heard that an employer can only offer a job to an outsider if there are no canadians suitable and to prove that . We are gettin confused over this as it seems a lot of people are managing to get out this way via job offers ...
Thats the way it works i'm afraid. Companies find it easier to hire non-canadians if there is a shortage of workers in a given province for a particular profession. These Jobs/professions normally appear on an Occupations Under Pressure (OUP) list. These can be found on the provinces immigration web site.

I think it becomes difficult to prove that there were no suitable Canadians for the job if there are plenty of skilled people who can do that job within Canada.

But don't take the above as gospel, i suppose there are a lot of circumstances where a certain position can't be filled whether the job is on the OUP list or not. ie Hours of work, Area of work, Location of work, niche market etc.

An employer has to advertise a job for 3months (7days if profession is on OUP list) within Canada before they can consider hiring a foreigner. Once they decide to take on a non-canadian they have to submit papers to the HRSDC for a Labour Market Opinion (LMO). The HRSDC then check that the employer advertised the job in the correct way (ie followed Rules & Regs) and issue a letter giving them the OK. You would then use this letter and the job offer to arrange a TWP (i think).

It may be worth you reading some of the wiki articles on this website for further info. Be prepared to do a lot of research though, there is plenty to learn!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

we went over in june this year on a recce, had a job offer at the end of june approx, received my LMO last week
so for us it was very quick
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

ok everyone, it's another wek of postie stalking. Goodluck to all those still waiting for good news, like me
Thought I'd start the week positive, even though I'm losing the will to live.Trying to keep busy so as to distract myself, but my mind keeps going back to 'what time is it now, the postman will be in ....3 hours!'. I am so tired of this game:curse:..but...gotta stay psoitive right, so maybe this week
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

starlight is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sioux
ok everyone, it's another wek of postie stalking. Goodluck to all those still waiting for good news, like me
Thought I'd start the week positive, even though I'm losing the will to live.Trying to keep busy so as to distract myself, but my mind keeps going back to 'what time is it now, the postman will be in ....3 hours!'. I am so tired of this game:curse:..but...gotta stay psoitive right, so maybe this week
Good Luck Sioux. I think this is going to be your week
Old Sep 1st 2008, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by starlight
Good Luck Sioux. I think this is going to be your week
Thanks starlight. I really hope it is my week, and for all those waiting too like Tanah and ibby13.
No mail at all today, didnt even see the postman
treating myself to some retail therapy tomorrow, I refuse to stay at home all day and wait.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:57 pm
Edmonton arrived

crg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond repute

hi i know the feeling waiting for the postie..but when the brown envelope comes through the door...oh did i feel sick.application for TWP had been in CHC for less than 3weeks...big sighs of relief when it was the stuff for the medical. x-ray this week medical next week...then await the postie again lol
Old Sep 1st 2008, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

shonaoconnor has a spectacular aura aboutshonaoconnor has a spectacular aura aboutshonaoconnor has a spectacular aura about

Hi
Bad news. Had my application rejected (after waiting 7 weeks from putting in application), as didn't have an LMO altho had been offered and accepted a job and been put forward for PNP.

Heard last week that PNP app successful. Just awaiting forms then going to apply for PR and TWP all over again!! More money and stress!!!
It had better be worth it!!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

TheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by shonaoconnor
Hi
Bad news. Had my application rejected (after waiting 7 weeks from putting in application), as didn't have an LMO altho had been offered and accepted a job and been put forward for PNP.

Heard last week that PNP app successful. Just awaiting forms then going to apply for PR and TWP all over again!! More money and stress!!!
It had better be worth it!!
Hi Shonaoconnor,

I don't know too much about PNP so just had a look on the wiki. Did you need to wait for you PNP app to be successful before you applied for TWP then? Good luck with it, hope it goes more smoothly for you this time!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

ibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks starlight. I really hope it is my week, and for all those waiting too like Tanah and ibby13.
No mail at all today, didnt even see the postman
treating myself to some retail therapy tomorrow, I refuse to stay at home all day and wait.
Hi Sioux

I sent them an email on Friday as I am finding it too long ....June 9-13 until now no answer.
Anyway i continue to work and i wanted to know if you have already given your notice at work. I will give mine when i get the TWP cos i dont want to be waiting at home...that will drive me mad...

Bye

Ibbye13
Old Sep 1st 2008, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ibbye13
Hi Sioux

I sent them an email on Friday as I am finding it too long ....June 9-13 until now no answer.
Anyway i continue to work and i wanted to know if you have already given your notice at work. I will give mine when i get the TWP cos i dont want to be waiting at home...that will drive me mad...

Bye

Ibbye13
I resigned and left work on the 7th of August. I was in a very stressful job and would have resigned regardless of this application. I do occassional bank shifts and its working out OK, but I do know what you mean, the waiting at home is driving me nuts!
You really have been waiting a very long time. It will be 11 weeks for me this week from them receiving my application. I hope you hear from them soon. They replied my e-mail after 2 days so you could be lucky.
Good luck
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:43 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

I handed mine in on 18th Aug - so official leaving date is 12th September.

Good Luck Sioux - Im hoping this is my week too - my nerves are shot to hell and the waiting is making me feel sick lol
Not holding out any hope till Friday so postie is safe until then - Friday I may camp at the end of the road and pounce when he comes round the corner lol Doesnt seem anyone has got a TWP on any other day but a Friday so im not counting chickens before then

Im due to sit mynursing exam at the begining of Oct so it better hurry up lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.