TWP anyone had any good news?

Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

scotcal00 has a spectacular aura aboutscotcal00 has a spectacular aura aboutscotcal00 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: TWP anyone had any good news?

Originally Posted by Brunti
scotcal00 can I ask if yours was a standard work permit appn or did you need medicals etc. We have just been told that our LMO is being posted to us from prospective employer in BC so just trying to work out how long TWP likely to take. Am going to work as a sparky so shouldn't need a medical (hopefully). Cheers - and congrats on getting yours through.
No we get our meds when we get our pr .my hubby is goin to work as joiner .We applied for our TWP on 18 April .thank you hope you get sorted soon .I feel like a child on christmas morn
Old Jul 19th 2008, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Brunti is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks - I can't believe it took 3 months for a straight forward appn. Did you have any problems with the documentation or fees or was it a straight 3 months from when you sent everything off? Out of interest, what part of Canada are you going to? Does this have a bearing on processing times?
Old Jul 19th 2008, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Oh and another question to anybody who can help. When my wife applies for a spousal open work pemit, do you still need to include details of everybody else such as me and children even though they will have already been included within my own application? So many questions....
Old Jul 19th 2008, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

scotcal00 has a spectacular aura aboutscotcal00 has a spectacular aura aboutscotcal00 has a spectacular aura about

we went through a company i know it cost us more but they done most of it for us other than our own stuff that we had to get here like police cert etc .We are headin to Calgary hopefully next week
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

the undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nice

Oh and another question to anybody who can help. When my wife applies for a spousal open work pemit, do you still need to include details of everybody else such as me and children even though they will have already been included within my own application? So many questions....
Yes, I repeated all the info on both applications, just to be on the safe side.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

the undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nice

Originally Posted by scotcal00
we went through a company i know it cost us more but they done most of it for us other than our own stuff that we had to get here like police cert etc .We are headin to Calgary hopefully next week
Congratulations, I fly out to Calgary on Saturday (26th), I'm also a carpenter. Good luck with the move.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:12 am
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Can't they e-mail fax the LMO to you? Save you a good week waiting for it to arrive then?
Mine was scanned & emailed to me - only took 24 hours from them getting my eligibility letter from CARNA (which I scanned & emailed to them.) So the answer is very much yes!
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:14 am
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

I did, better too much info than too little in my book. Don't forget to include a CV for your spouse too. We nearly did but when I went through the checklist for what I thought was the last time I spotted that request. I used my CV as a template & stuck in his info.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Oh right, thanks for that, I didn't realise needed wife's CV too.

Has anyone else's TWP come through quicker than 3 months, when meds not needed?
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh right, thanks for that, I didn't realise needed wife's CV too.

Has anyone else's TWP come through quicker than 3 months, when meds not needed?
Yes, mine came through on Monday, 7 weeks to the day.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:35 am
Im strange but not scary!

city4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the rough

No good news again today but the postie did tease the wife this morning.(lets not start the inappropriate posts!!!) He came through the gate with a big brown envelope in his hand just like the one we included to post our TWP back, unfortunately when it landed on the door matt it had turned into a small white envelope trying to give me a credit card!!!!

Roll on MONDAY!!!!!!!
Old Jul 19th 2008, 9:12 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

fingers crossed for today for those who havent heard yet and fingers crossed for everyone else for Monday.

Just a quick question - those who needed medicals, how long after posting your application for TWP did you wait for your meical requests?

They received mine on 2nd July so just wondering how long I can expect to wait for the request
Old Jul 19th 2008, 9:28 am
RN1
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tanah
fingers crossed for today for those who havent heard yet and fingers crossed for everyone else for Monday.

Just a quick question - those who needed medicals, how long after posting your application for TWP did you wait for your meical requests?

They received mine on 2nd July so just wondering how long I can expect to wait for the request
They receieved my TWP on May 21st & I got my medical request on June 17th. I had my nedical on June 18th, they got the results to the Embassy on June 26th. Still waiting for Mr Postie to bring a smile to our household!
Old Jul 19th 2008, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scotcal00
should have bets on me today cos weve got it yes we r partyin tonight good luck for all those still waitin YESS CANADA HERE WE COME
oh, congratulations, have a great weekend celebrating before all the hard work of moving gets started!!, and by your wait time i am a few days behind you, it may be here next week for us!
Old Jul 19th 2008, 11:32 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RN1
They receieved my TWP on May 21st & I got my medical request on June 17th. I had my nedical on June 18th, they got the results to the Embassy on June 26th. Still waiting for Mr Postie to bring a smile to our household!
Thanks for that - so should be looking towards begining of Aug for med requests. Think I'll have a weekend trip to London for that as seems the quickest way to get Meds done. Plus kids will enjoy it.

Also looks like you will be hearing very soon so fingers crossed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.