TWP after PNP nomination (NS)

Old Apr 25th 2013, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

newharbour is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TWP after PNP nomination (NS)

(Hmm my previous post disappeared).

I asked the Provincial immi officer before if I could get an open work permit, she said no, its not an option, I would need to give her a contract then she would write me a letter.

I assumed the letter 'only' replaced the LMO in my TWP application and I'd still need all the forms etc., but sounds like it carries more weight than that. Thanks for the input guys.

(p.s. its NS province)

Last edited by newharbour; Apr 25th 2013 at 11:52 pm. Reason: (p.s. its NS province)
Old Apr 26th 2013, 3:02 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
PNP have different streams and not all are the same. Obviously if a job has been secured then yes the letter of employment should be presented as well as the letter of nomination.
Ok, so could we as a family arrive at point of entry in Canada, with our MPNP nomination letter and proof of our Federal Application being in Process and ask for a TWP (while we wait for our COPR) without the principle applicant having a job offer? This might be a stupid question, but in my book there is no such thing. Thanks in advance as always for your infinite wisdom.

Regards

Andrew
Old Apr 26th 2013, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Ok, so could we as a family arrive at point of entry in Canada, with our MPNP nomination letter and proof of our Federal Application being in Process and ask for a TWP (while we wait for our COPR) without the principle applicant having a job offer? This might be a stupid question, but in my book there is no such thing. Thanks in advance as always for your infinite wisdom.

Regards

Andrew

2. Foreign Worker Nominated by a Province or Territory (PNP)
(See OP 7b for more information)
A person who has been nominated by a province or territory for permanent residence and is employed or has a job offer * from an employer based in that province may be issued a work permit without requiring an LMO.
In order for this provision to be applied, the application for the work permit must include a letter from the provincial or territorial government that confirms:
• that the foreign national has been nominated for permanent residence by the province.
• that the nominated individual is urgently required by the provincial-based employer who has
made the foreign national a job offer.
The duration of the work permit should be equivalent to the duration of the job offer.
2013-01-29 55 of 190
FW 1 Temporary Foreign Worker Guidelines
“PNP” should be entered in the “Remarks” field to facilitate differentiating between the PNP and the TFW-PS provincial/territorial selection types.
Note: If there are any obvious potential medical or security concerns, these should be dealt with before any work permit is issued.
Note: It is not necessary that the application for permanent residence of the foreign national has been received by CIC for the work permit to be issued. The letter from the province is sufficient to trigger this LMO exemption.
For provinces/territories without nominee agreements (e.g. Nunavut and Quebec) the legislative authority for the exemption is R205(a).
Old Apr 27th 2013, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE]

FormerLC, did you always have a job offer in hand when getting a letter from the PNP office and getting TWP on entry?

Thanks.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 4:34 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

[QUOTE=newharbour;10681042]

FormerLC, did you always have a job offer in hand when getting a letter from the PNP office and getting TWP on entry?

Thanks.
In our case MPNP would not offer a letter of support unless we had a job offer. In addition the company would have to submit an application to the employment standards agency. If accepted an approval letter would be issued to the employer and applicant, so unless you are applying for a job where there is a skill shortage, you are not going to get a letter of support and you will have to wait until you have PR, this is the case in Manitoba.

Regards

Andrew
Old Apr 28th 2013, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=chiefmissile;10681053]
Originally Posted by newharbour

In our case MPNP would not offer a letter of support unless we had a job offer. In addition the company would have to submit an application to the employment standards agency. If accepted an approval letter would be issued to the employer and applicant, so unless you are applying for a job where there is a skill shortage, you are not going to get a letter of support and you will have to wait until you have PR, this is the case in Manitoba.

Regards

Andrew
An appliation to the ESA, is that the same as getting an LMO?

In NS the immi officer said her letter would exempt me/them from that.