Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP and accompanying family members

TWP and accompanying family members

Old Oct 18th 2011, 8:08 am
Just Joined

pommyg is an unknown quantity at this point
Question TWP and accompanying family members

Hi.

Me and my family are in Canada, visiting and checking locations out, awaiting a TWP for me, so that we can flagpole from the U.S. and get it stamped. We are all British passport holders and if and when the TWP arrives, my parents will courier it (although I understand some are emailed nowadays). We also applied for a study permit so my son could go to school.

I applied for my TWP stating that my family would accompany me (my wife and son) but they may now go back before it arrives...

My question is do we all have to be present when the TWP is stamped? What are the implications of me flagpoling from the U.S. alone and then my wife and son arriving again from the UK by plane? Do I have to wait for them to get back here before flagpoling?

Thanks

Pommy
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:53 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP and accompanying family members

Hi

Originally Posted by pommyg
Hi.

Me and my family are in Canada, visiting and checking locations out, awaiting a TWP for me, so that we can flagpole from the U.S. and get it stamped. We are all British passport holders and if and when the TWP arrives, my parents will courier it (although I understand some are emailed nowadays). We also applied for a study permit so my son could go to school.

I applied for my TWP stating that my family would accompany me (my wife and son) but they may now go back before it arrives...

My question is do we all have to be present when the TWP is stamped? What are the implications of me flagpoling from the U.S. alone and then my wife and son arriving again from the UK by plane? Do I have to wait for them to get back here before flagpoling?

Thanks

Pommy

1, No, only you if you are the principal applicant.
2. Just send them a copy of your TWP for their entry.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

pommyg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TWP and accompanying family members

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1, No, only you if you are the principal applicant.
2. Just send them a copy of your TWP for their entry.
Thanks for that.

I also came across an Immigration Officer (socially! - a very nice bloke) and he said exactly the same, unprompted (as I had not read your reply).