Wikiposts

TWP

Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

stetoppo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP

Hi, could anyone tell me if i have to apply in advance for a TWP or can i obtain 1 at my port of entry, i am going to become a truck driver, i will have my offer of employment and my LMO with me. I have looked at various sites but it is very unclear, some say if your job needs a LMO then you have to do this in advance but there are some exceptions ( what exceptions, they don't tell you). thanks for your help.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Formerly of nr Kinross, Scotland, now Burlington, ON!
furries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to all
Default Re: TWP

Lots of posts on this ... but in short, if you have you LMO, a job offer/contract etc, the you get your TWP at the point of entry. You will need your passport, some proofs of ID - letters, bills, bank statements etc, your contract, employers details etc ...
Old Jun 9th 2011, 4:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP

Originally Posted by stetoppo
Hi, could anyone tell me if i have to apply in advance for a TWP or can i obtain 1 at my port of entry, i am going to become a truck driver, i will have my offer of employment and my LMO with me. I have looked at various sites but it is very unclear, some say if your job needs a LMO then you have to do this in advance but there are some exceptions ( what exceptions, they don't tell you). thanks for your help.
Please take the time to read the 'Newcomers to the Forum' sticky thread at the top of the main Canada forum - this will direct you to helpful articles such as which bit of the forum is for what (hint: any visa related queries such as this belong in the immigration bit, I'll move it for you), and also to the Wiki which will often answer your questions.

This Wiki article will tell you about applying for a TWP at POE. http://britishexpats.com/wiki/TWP_:_...o_apply-Canada

HTH.