Wikiposts

TWP

Old Aug 17th 2009, 6:05 am
Just Joined

bowlesfamily... is an unknown quantity at this point
Question TWP

hi
We are thinking of maybe going for a temporary work permit rather than PR route first as we got a job offer but would i get an LMO.
I am currently painter and decorator which are fully trained in and we have job offer in Manitoba is there any chance of LMO being approved as its not on the occupations under pressure list in that province.
any thoughts gratefully received
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP

Originally Posted by bowlesfamily...
hi
We are thinking of maybe going for a temporary work permit rather than PR route first as we got a job offer but would i get an LMO.
I am currently painter and decorator which are fully trained in and we have job offer in Manitoba is there any chance of LMO being approved as its not on the occupations under pressure list in that province.
any thoughts gratefully received
OUP lists don't exist anymore anyway! Not since the system was overhauled last year.

If your employer can prove that they have advertised extensively across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian to do the job (make sure they have newpaper adverts as well as internet, as recent refusals have been because of this), then it stands as good a chance as any.

Certainly quicker than waiting for PR (have you already applied?), but obviously the downside is it's riskier. Up to you as to whether or not that will suit your circumstances though.

Good luck.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:12 am
Just Joined

bowlesfamily... is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for that we gonna go for the temporary one first then go through either provincial nominee or skilled worker route once we been out there a year
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bowlesfamily...
thanks for that we gonna go for the temporary one first then go through either provincial nominee or skilled worker route once we been out there a year

Good luck with the LMO then!

And don't forget you can apply for PR as soon as you get there, you don't have to wait a year. Better to get your application in asap I would think, just in case something goes wrong with the job.