TWP

Old Jul 8th 2008, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light
Default TWP

I know this might sound a dumb question but we are applying for a twp as soon a letter with lmo from employer comes (next week), we need police checks too, the police checks do go with the twp forms dont they? does this also mean that when we eventually apply for pr will we not have to do a police check again? been reading up again and brain is slightly frazzeld? sorry for all questions but everything seems to be moving fast now although would be even better if house sells :curse:
Julie
Old Jul 8th 2008, 3:49 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP

The police checks are only valid for a certain period (think 3 or 6 months), so you'd have to be very quick with your PR application for them to still be valid (bearing in mind you're looking at 6 weeks absolute minimum for a TWP application at the moment). Plus you'd need a couple of months pay slips and a letter from employer to go with your fast track PR application.

So yes, I'd make the assumption you'll have to do them again....
Old Jul 8th 2008, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by G77
The police checks are only valid for a certain period (think 3 or 6 months), so you'd have to be very quick with your PR application for them to still be valid (bearing in mind you're looking at 6 weeks absolute minimum for a TWP application at the moment). Plus you'd need a couple of months pay slips and a letter from employer to go with your fast track PR application.

So yes, I'd make the assumption you'll have to do them again....
Thank you G77 , we wont be applying for pr until OH passes his redseal exam and his firm are going to do a pnp when we are there so it will be 6 months at the earliest, so do i send police checks with a twp? OH firm told him to get police checks done now so i took it that they had to go with the twp application Julie
Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Send them, or if you don't have them yet you can send your application and send the police checks on later.

It is unlikely that you need police checks for the whole family and it is only certain jobs that require it. Check before you waste your money.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
Yes. Send them, or if you don't have them yet you can send your application and send the police checks on later.

It is unlikely that you need police checks for the whole family and it is only certain jobs that require it. Check before you waste your money.
Hmmm that is what i thought too but they insisted i shall be very annoyed if i find out that i didnt need them after all....think a phonecall is in order
thank you for your reply Julie
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

I had to have a police check for my job (nursing), but my other family members don't need them.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

alimoo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Julie_p
I know this might sound a dumb question but we are applying for a twp as soon a letter with lmo from employer comes (next week), we need police checks too, the police checks do go with the twp forms dont they? does this also mean that when we eventually apply for pr will we not have to do a police check again? been reading up again and brain is slightly frazzeld? sorry for all questions but everything seems to be moving fast now although would be even better if house sells :curse:
Julie
Hi,
I've just sent off TWP and had to have a police check from ACRO there is a website.
THe police check was needed for TWP as i'm a nurse but from my partner who is applying for an open-spouse permit does not appear to need one as he will not be working in medical field. (but i may be wrong as i agree the paperwork is not clear!)
But i'm going to tackle PNP paperwork next and i 'm pretty sure we both need police check for that.
I'm trying to work out time lines for TWP and reading everyones experiances so far with desparation.
As someone has already said LIMBO best describes trhe situation frustratingly nothing can be planned- life in UK or life in Canada.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alimoo
Hi,
I've just sent off TWP and had to have a police check from ACRO there is a website.
THe police check was needed for TWP as i'm a nurse but from my partner who is applying for an open-spouse permit does not appear to need one as he will not be working in medical field. (but i may be wrong as i agree the paperwork is not clear!)
But i'm going to tackle PNP paperwork next and i 'm pretty sure we both need police check for that.
I'm trying to work out time lines for TWP and reading everyones experiances so far with desparation.
As someone has already said LIMBO best describes trhe situation frustratingly nothing can be planned- life in UK or life in Canada.
I know too right alimoo, it is living in limbo and the website like you say does say one thing then another i might as well just get them done at least then they have them without having to delay my application as they seem to be doing.
Julie