TWP @ POE with Dogs & Kiddies!

Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

MICC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP @ POE with Dogs & Kiddies!

Hi Everyone, hope you can help.

I have spent the last couple of hours reading through older posts about applying for TWP at POE, the common thread seems to be that if all documentation and fees are present and correct, GENERALLY, everything runs smoothly.

However, I haven't yet seen anything about people applying for TWP's at POE whilst having dogs that have just flown over as well.

We'll also have our two boys, which, again, seems not to be a problem.

We'll be applying for my OH TWP, a SOWP for me and two Student Visa's for the boys.

Just wondering what your thoughts were, is it worth the risk with the dogs and kids, applying for TWP at POE in Vancouver? Or should we apply through CIC London before we leave, OH is due to start new job in British Columbia late July, so things need to move quite quickly, we only recieved LMO yesterday!

Thanks.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice
Default Re: TWP @ POE with Dogs & Kiddies!

I don't think you will have a problem with the dog as you do not need any paper work for it, only heath cards and things that should be sorted this side and the dog will go to cargo and you will collect from there(it was across the road from the airport in calgary)ours came out 2 days after us and we used airpets who did it all for us,u need a dog passport if you return to the uk.

Not sure about doing twp at poe i v read that it is stright forward if you have all your paper work in order.

Good luck whatever way you decide

Jamie
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future

Hi!

Others may have more detailed information (from their recent, personal experience) however I went POE simply because at the time (May this year) time was tight and it seemed like the timescales were around 6 weeks turn around for receiving something back from CIC and I had exactly 6 weeks till I had to start work..

Having now been through the process, I would happily do the POE route again.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

LynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the rough

We got permits on POE at Pearson in April. Hubby work permit, open work permit for me and study permits for two kids...for 3 year period. As long as all docs clear and thorough (we had a whole bunch of paperwork from new employer's lawyer), the process on landing seems pretty straight forward. Make sure you have you credit/debit card handy

As far as the pooch is concerned, I think I would hang fire and get him/her booked onto a later flight if a friend/relative can take to the airport later, especially if you have to pay cargo prices, in case of any issue with your paperwork on landing. That is, unless you have someone that the dog can stay with on arrival, should there be any problem. Don't know if you can still take the dog as excess baggage on the flight which makes it cheaper but obviously must accompany you - and you run a bit of a risk if you don't get your TWPs.

I took my dog out to New York years ago as excess baggage on a BA flight and it all went fine, although we were already equipped with our H1 visas at the time.

She is again flying out to Toronto next week (the company are arranging door-to-door for us ). But my husband did have to provide copies of his work permit and local address, vaccinations.. etc..etc. to the pet relocator before they could arrange. The pet relocator in Mississauga is sub-contracting to Ladyhey (?) over here for the UK leg.

Doesn't life get complicated with kids ...and Pets too!!

Very best wishes, Lynsey