Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Two Questions Re forms for Skilled Worker

Two Questions Re forms for Skilled Worker

Old Jul 24th 2005, 10:00 pm
misty

forde is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Two Questions Re forms for Skilled Worker

Hi

Q1: Regarding proof of being able to write and speak the English Language, my wife and I will be writing letters stating our use of English in our daily lives, does this letter have to be written by hand or typed?

Q2: As originals of requested forms, such as University Results e.t.c are not requested only notarized copies , would a local Police stamp stating documents are copies of Original be sufficient .

Regards, Forde.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 12:27 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two Questions Re forms for Skilled Worker

Originally Posted by forde
Hi

Q1: Regarding proof of being able to write and speak the English Language, my wife and I will be writing letters stating our use of English in our daily lives, does this letter have to be written by hand or typed?

Q2: As originals of requested forms, such as University Results e.t.c are not requested only notarized copies , would a local Police stamp stating documents are copies of Original be sufficient .

Regards, Forde.
1. If u were born and raised in an English speaking country, then a letter stating the use of English is enough! Doesnt matter if its typed or hand-written

2. Get the University transcripts notarized from a notary! I dont know what u mean by a "police stamp"; but get all the certificates notarized by a notary before sending them! This includes u experience credentials too....
Old Jul 25th 2005, 2:33 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Originally Posted by amancharan
1. If u were born and raised in an English speaking country, then a letter stating the use of English is enough! Doesnt matter if its typed or hand-written

2. Get the University transcripts notarized from a notary! I dont know what u mean by a "police stamp"; but get all the certificates notarized by a notary before sending them! This includes u experience credentials too....
See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf
This is the process to follow for university transcripts

"6. EDUCATION/TRAINING/QUALIFICATIONS
For you and your spouse or common-law partner:
• Post-secondary education documents: vocational or technical certificates or
diplomas;
• College or university documents: certification of completion and the
graduation degree, diploma, or certificate issued by the college or university and
the evaluation committee;
• Transcripts: original transcripts of all degrees must be submitted in universitysealed
envelopes."

PMM
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:15 am
misty

forde is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Again , re question 2 .

to be clearer, i hope. IF i was to take all Original Documents and Photocopies down to the local Police Station and get the copies stamped with the Police official stamp would this be enough top prove that the documents were exact copies of teh Originals where copies were not needed , such as passports and stuff like that .

Regards
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:28 am
Bound to happen!?!

himalayanwhistlekid has a brilliant futurehimalayanwhistlekid has a brilliant futurehimalayanwhistlekid has a brilliant futurehimalayanwhistlekid has a brilliant futurehimalayanwhistlekid has a brilliant futurehimalayanwhistlekid has a brilliant future
Question Re: Two Questions Re forms for Skilled Worker

We must be at the same stage as you! We are also about to hand over our 'lives' to our lawyer (the Skilled W class) and wanted to know who is aloud to stamp/sign these forms? I am aware that Police can do it, doctor, solicitor etc but what about a school teacher? Also does this person have to have known you for a number of years?

What is the requirement please?

Thanks
Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:59 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by forde
Hi Again , re question 2 .

to be clearer, i hope. IF i was to take all Original Documents and Photocopies down to the local Police Station and get the copies stamped with the Police official stamp would this be enough top prove that the documents were exact copies of teh Originals where copies were not needed , such as passports and stuff like that .

Regards
Notarized copies are accepted, so go for it!!