two questions please

Old Aug 15th 2005, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

giso is an unknown quantity at this point
Post two questions please

Hello everyone
I'm applying for PR- Skilled worker i have two questions
1- can the toefl exam be recognized other than the ielts
2- i don't have my past employment contracts i only have my reference letters and my last employment contract what can i do??
Thanks all
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:06 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: two questions please

1 - Nope. IELTS or CELPIP only

2 - it depends and it is impossible to tell you without making full evaluation of what you have

Originally Posted by giso
Hello everyone
I'm applying for PR- Skilled worker i have two questions
1- can the toefl exam be recognized other than the ielts
2- i don't have my past employment contracts i only have my reference letters and my last employment contract what can i do??
Thanks all
Old Aug 15th 2005, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

thank you very much andrew "hope i can call you andrew"
i'm in the process of preparing my self for IELTS now.

As i understand ,If i applyed with my whole reference letters and my current employment contract only, i have a chance of being accepted or they will insist on requiring the contracts , My question is will they inform me in the second case that contracts should be sent and how???what can i do if this happened?

Thanks again.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 11:49 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Employment contracts help prove conclusively that you were employed as ******** from *** to *** by *******.

However, letters of reference, letters from former colleagues, proving role and responsibility, plus copies of wage slips, P60s, payment into bank by proof of copy of old bank statements, all help to prove your employment history. CIC will likely contact your previous employer anyway.

Make it as easy as possible for CIC to assess your case, but you cannot rewrite history and obtain stuff you have lost or thrown away, sh!t happens just do your best.

Rich.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what country you're in, but here in the UK you can also get a printout of your tax records from the Inland Revenue office, which will at least prove you were being paid by that company for the time you were employed there. What it obviously won't do is show what kind of work you were doing.

Possibly other countries have some similar system you could use as supporting evidence.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MarkG
I don't know what country you're in, but here in the UK you can also get a printout of your tax records from the Inland Revenue office, which will at least prove you were being paid by that company for the time you were employed there. What it obviously won't do is show what kind of work you were doing.

Possibly other countries have some similar system you could use as supporting evidence.

MarkG
I'm egyptian working in saudi Arabia and in both countries what you said looks like A "harry potter story" to government officials if you know what i mean.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 3:41 am
Account Closed

sam/stu is an unknown quantity at this point

One company I used to work for has now been taken over by NTL in the UK.
I telephoned NTL head office and their human resources dept. and they told me that they do not keep records of previous employees of companies they have 'bought out'. They also added that since I left my old company in 1993, they would not have details that far back regardless. The only 'proof' I have that I worked for them will be my tax records stating that I paid income tax based on my earnings whilst there and an old bank statement which will show that I received my monthly salary directly into my account via BACS. Help!!!!
Old Aug 16th 2005, 3:57 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Experience beyond past 10 years is not that relevant and is not counted anyway, thus it doesn't really need to be conclusively documented as experience in 10 years period prior to application. Your tax record and anything else you may have just to show that you were employed by particular company should suffice for experience older than 10 years - but you still need to provide explanation (and some evidence supporting your claim) why you are unable to provide references in required format.

Originally Posted by sam/stu
One company I used to work for has now been taken over by NTL in the UK.
I telephoned NTL head office and their human resources dept. and they told me that they do not keep records of previous employees of companies they have 'bought out'. They also added that since I left my old company in 1993, they would not have details that far back regardless. The only 'proof' I have that I worked for them will be my tax records stating that I paid income tax based on my earnings whilst there and an old bank statement which will show that I received my monthly salary directly into my account via BACS. Help!!!!