two questions?

Old Jan 11th 2008, 7:55 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 211
gary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default two questions?

1. Has any one used the medical center in Bristol "the orchard medical center" only one in my area that was on the cic website.

2. Taking my dog with us , can any one send me an e-mail explaining the process, do they just need a pets passport? do they have to be placed in Quarantine before we go / after we land?

thanks

people coming around today to view my house only been on the market a day !!, still along way to go yet.

Gary
gary123 is offline  
Old Jan 11th 2008, 10:53 pm
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
emmabell's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Nanaimo BC from Lancashire
Posts: 317
emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of
Default Re: two questions?

Not used that medical centre as we are 'up north'
Regarding dogs, we have been looking into this, and apparently no pet passport needed if you are not coming back. The best place to check things out is DEFRA website as you need some forms from them I think. Vet gave me a leaflet just last Tuesday but it is all to do with if you are going to return here. Think all inoculations need to be up to date, but no quarantine.
You need to have a pet kennel, which we have been looking at on ebay. Airlines have strict codes on the cargo carriers you use, so you have to check that out with each airline.
Am back at vets this tuesday if you want me to ask anything.
emmabell is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2008, 11:00 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Alison33's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Posts: 295
Alison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to all
Default Re: two questions?

Originally Posted by gary123
1. Has any one used the medical center in Bristol "the orchard medical center" only one in my area that was on the cic website.

2. Taking my dog with us , can any one send me an e-mail explaining the process, do they just need a pets passport? do they have to be placed in Quarantine before we go / after we land?

thanks

people coming around today to view my house only been on the market a day !!, still along way to go yet.

Gary

We used the med centre in Kingswood in Dec and saw a Dr Flanagan (I think that's what her name was). It was all done very matter of factly with not much other chitchat in between. The only time the woman smiled was when she asked my 14 yr old lad to strip and all we could hear was him huffing and grunting behind the screen. Other than that and a few hickups with some of the tests it went ok. Remember that they don't seem to send docs off to CIC for about 2 - 3 weeks after you've had them done as they have to wait for results to come back.

As for your dog - Canada is not part of the pet passport scheme. Get your dog to the vets and ensure all jabs are uptodate and if your dog has not been vaccinated against rabies then get that done. You only need the one jab and I was told it lasts 2 years. As your dog is flying from the uk it's classed as a rabies free country so is not too big of an issue and they don't have to be tested after having the jab. The vet will stick a rabies sticker in the vac records and said this is equiv. to a rabies cert. and other than that you are asked to supply a Fit to Fly letter from your vet which should be done around 4 days prior to flight ( as the letter is only valid for 1 week). If you ask your vet nicely they'll probably provide all of the nec. paperwork for free as mine did. Good luck.
Alison33 is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2008, 11:51 am
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: West Lothian
Posts: 685
G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: two questions?

Originally Posted by Alison33
We used the med centre in Kingswood in Dec and saw a Dr Flanagan (I think that's what her name was). It was all done very matter of factly with not much other chitchat in between. The only time the woman smiled was when she asked my 14 yr old lad to strip and all we could hear was him huffing and grunting behind the screen. Other than that and a few hickups with some of the tests it went ok. Remember that they don't seem to send docs off to CIC for about 2 - 3 weeks after you've had them done as they have to wait for results to come back.

As for your dog - Canada is not part of the pet passport scheme. Get your dog to the vets and ensure all jabs are uptodate and if your dog has not been vaccinated against rabies then get that done. You only need the one jab and I was told it lasts 2 years. As your dog is flying from the uk it's classed as a rabies free country so is not too big of an issue and they don't have to be tested after having the jab. The vet will stick a rabies sticker in the vac records and said this is equiv. to a rabies cert. and other than that you are asked to supply a Fit to Fly letter from your vet which should be done around 4 days prior to flight ( as the letter is only valid for 1 week). If you ask your vet nicely they'll probably provide all of the nec. paperwork for free as mine did. Good luck.
I think it is in the PETS scheme

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quar...pets/index.htm

Lots of info....
G586 is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:22 pm
  #5  
Bristolish expat
 
bananahammock's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
Posts: 1,699
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: two questions?

Originally Posted by Alison33
We used the med centre in Kingswood in Dec and saw a Dr Flanagan (I think that's what her name was). It was all done very matter of factly with not much other chitchat in between. The only time the woman smiled was when she asked my 14 yr old lad to strip and all we could hear was him huffing and grunting behind the screen. Other than that and a few hickups with some of the tests it went ok. Remember that they don't seem to send docs off to CIC for about 2 - 3 weeks after you've had them done as they have to wait for results to come back.
Almost exactly the same story with us, although it was a while ago now, plus we had to go to Cossham hospital for the X-rays
bananahammock is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:45 pm
  #6  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Biiiiink's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Windsor, ON; Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,713
Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: two questions?

Dog info in the wiki - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Transporting_Pets
Biiiiink is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:13 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 211
gary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: two questions?

Thanks

just got thephone call today saying that out blood test have come back , ok , so they should be sending the medial report off this week, then 4/6 weeks wait and then , aftre 3 long years then a passport request........

not going until August, hopefully depends on how fast/slow we sell the house

thanks for yuor help

Gary
gary123 is offline  
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:07 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Alison33's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Posts: 295
Alison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to all
Default Re: two questions?

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Almost exactly the same story with us, although it was a while ago now, plus we had to go to Cossham hospital for the X-rays
I asked if they did a family discount and got 4 xrays for £100. Should have cost us £40 each. How much did you pay?
Alison33 is offline  
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:13 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Alison33's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Posts: 295
Alison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to all
Default Re: two questions?

Apologies for hijack of thread (promise won't do it again).

Saw you were from Bristol and thought you may find this amusing. Were not too far away from Bristol only we speak combo of zummerset and wiltshire. Friend from Brisol recently sent this to me. Enjoy!

> BRISTOL EARTHQUAKE APPEAL

>

> A Major earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale hit
Knowle West in the early hours of Friday with its epicentre
near the Chip Shop .
>
> Victims were seen wandering around aimlessly, muttering
"Faaackinell". The earthquake decimated the area causing
approximately £30 worth of damage. Several priceless
collections of mementos from Majorca and the Costa del Sol were
damaged beyond repair. Three areas of historic burnt out cars
were disturbed. Many locals were woken well before their giros
arrived.
>
> GWR reported that hundreds of residents were confused and
bewildered and were still trying to come to terms with the fact
that something interesting had happened in Bristol. One
resident, Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said,
"It was such a shock, my little Chardonnay-Mercedes came
running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan
and Victoria-Storm slept through it all. I was still shaking
when I was skinning up and watching Trisha the next morning."

Apparently looting, muggings and car crime were unaffected and
carried on as normal. The British Red Cross has so far managed
to ship 4,000 crates of Sunny delight to the area to help the
stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the
rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings,
including benefit books, jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos
and Bone China from Pound land.
>
> HOW CAN YOU HELP?
>
> This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing parcels
for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in this disaster.
Clothing is most sought after - items most needed include: Fila
or Burberry baseball caps Kappa tracksuit tops (his and hers),
Shell suits (female), White sport socks, Rockport boots and any
other items usually sold in Primark. Food parcels may be harder
to come by, but are needed all the same.
>
> Required foodstuffs include: Microwave meals, Tins of baked
beans, Ice cream, Cans of Colt 45 or Special Brew.
>
> 22p buys a biro for filling in the compensation forms. £2
buys chips, crisps and blue fizzy drinks for a family of 9. £5
buys B&H and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.
>
> ***Breaking news***

> Rescue workers found a girl in the rubble smothered in
raspberry alco- pop.
> "Where are you bleeding from?' they asked, "Ledbury" said the
girl, "wossit gotta do wiv you?"
> Please don't forward this to anyone living in Bristol - oh,
sod it...they won't be able to read it anyway.


See what your missing (not!).
Alison33 is offline  
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:44 am
  #10  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 271
annabella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: two questions?

Originally Posted by Alison33
Apologies for hijack of thread (promise won't do it again).

Saw you were from Bristol and thought you may find this amusing. Were not too far away from Bristol only we speak combo of zummerset and wiltshire. Friend from Brisol recently sent this to me. Enjoy!

> BRISTOL EARTHQUAKE APPEAL

>

> A Major earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale hit
Knowle West in the early hours of Friday with its epicentre
near the Chip Shop .
>
> Victims were seen wandering around aimlessly, muttering
"Faaackinell". The earthquake decimated the area causing
approximately £30 worth of damage. Several priceless
collections of mementos from Majorca and the Costa del Sol were
damaged beyond repair. Three areas of historic burnt out cars
were disturbed. Many locals were woken well before their giros
arrived.
>
> GWR reported that hundreds of residents were confused and
bewildered and were still trying to come to terms with the fact
that something interesting had happened in Bristol. One
resident, Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said,
"It was such a shock, my little Chardonnay-Mercedes came
running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan
and Victoria-Storm slept through it all. I was still shaking
when I was skinning up and watching Trisha the next morning."

Apparently looting, muggings and car crime were unaffected and
carried on as normal. The British Red Cross has so far managed
to ship 4,000 crates of Sunny delight to the area to help the
stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the
rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings,
including benefit books, jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos
and Bone China from Pound land.
>
> HOW CAN YOU HELP?
>
> This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing parcels
for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in this disaster.
Clothing is most sought after - items most needed include: Fila
or Burberry baseball caps Kappa tracksuit tops (his and hers),
Shell suits (female), White sport socks, Rockport boots and any
other items usually sold in Primark. Food parcels may be harder
to come by, but are needed all the same.
>
> Required foodstuffs include: Microwave meals, Tins of baked
beans, Ice cream, Cans of Colt 45 or Special Brew.
>
> 22p buys a biro for filling in the compensation forms. £2
buys chips, crisps and blue fizzy drinks for a family of 9. £5
buys B&H and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.
>
> ***Breaking news***

> Rescue workers found a girl in the rubble smothered in
raspberry alco- pop.
> "Where are you bleeding from?' they asked, "Ledbury" said the
girl, "wossit gotta do wiv you?"
> Please don't forward this to anyone living in Bristol - oh,
sod it...they won't be able to read it anyway.


See what your missing (not!).
Love it! Thank you. Somebody has missed their vocation.....
annabella is offline  
Old Feb 13th 2008, 6:14 am
  #11  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 211
gary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: two questions?

HI

My twin boys are only 10 , so did not need an x-ray , £35 each, but as i forgot my cheque book, i had to walk down the hill in the banging rain to a cash point...

Still, a little hardship seeing we have been waiting 3 years to get to that point!...
gary123 is offline  
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:07 am
  #12  
Oscar nominated
 
BristolUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Moncton, NB, CANADA
Posts: 51,829
BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: two questions?

Originally Posted by Alison33
Apologies for hijack of thread (promise won't do it again).
BRISTOL EARTHQUAKE APPEAL -
A Major earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale hit
Knowle West.....

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing parcels - items most needed include: White sport socks....


I have a brother in that part of Bristol. I've been telling him not to wear white socks for years.
BristolUK is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.