Wikiposts

TRV question.

Old Dec 30th 2013, 7:04 pm
Are we there yet?

Catri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud of
Default TRV question.

Hi

I just have a question about Temporary Resident Visa, which allows a stay of up to 6 months.
Apart from a return flight ticket, is there anything else you need to show at immigration on arrival?
OH, myself and kids will be hopefully moving to Vancouver on the BC pnp but my parents were hoping to come over on a TRV whilst we settle.
Just wanted to check if they need to have more info for immigration on arrival.
Old Dec 30th 2013, 11:22 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRV question.

Originally Posted by Catri
Hi

I just have a question about Temporary Resident Visa, which allows a stay of up to 6 months.
Apart from a return flight ticket, is there anything else you need to show at immigration on arrival?
OH, myself and kids will be hopefully moving to Vancouver on the BC pnp but my parents were hoping to come over on a TRV whilst we settle.
Just wanted to check if they need to have more info for immigration on arrival.
Are you sure they need a TRV? Only people from specific countries require one - you can check here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp

If you mean arriving as a temporary visitor, then proof of ties to the UK (home/mortgage, job etc) and proof of sufficient funds to live on for 6 months would be a good idea, together with the return ticket.

They can be given a visitors stamp of up to 6 months, there are no guarantees they will be given the full amount of time - however, they can apply to extend their stay once they have arrived (either online or by mail).

Old Dec 31st 2013, 12:22 am
Are we there yet?

Catri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud of

Thanks for that Siouxie.
Yes they are from the UK so will be going as Temp Visitors.
Thanks for the info x
Old Dec 31st 2013, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Don't bring any CVs or letters from employers, job adverts or anything like that in your luggage.

CBSA officers are very fond of finding those. It makes their day, especially when you swear you are only coming for a holiday.

If you really 'need' those, leave them on the internet in a Cloud somewhere.