British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Trucking jobs seem to have dried up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/trucking-jobs-seem-have-dried-up-941973/)

Rogo Jan 9th 2022 3:10 pm

Re: Trucking jobs seem to have dried up

Saskatchewan Experience Long haul truck drivers Anyone know Anything About this program ?
from what I can Gather you would need to be in Saskatchewan and working for an Employer
on a valid temporary foreign worker permit for 6 months before you
Could Apply for this program, no Education Requirements just CLB mark 4

christmasoompa Jan 9th 2022 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Rogo (Post 13087096)
Saskatchewan Experience Long haul truck drivers Anyone know Anything About this program ?
from what I can Gather you would need to be in Saskatchewan and working for an Employer
on a valid temporary foreign worker permit for 6 months before you
Could Apply for this program, no Education Requirements just CLB mark 4

Your issue might be getting a LMIA granted - see the below info for that NOC code, as you can see it states secondary education is 'usually required'.

https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3V...V=4&TVD=122372

Any reason you're not pursuing the FST program option?

Rogo Jan 9th 2022 5:06 pm

Thanks Again but it did state high school is usually required .

christmasoompa Jan 9th 2022 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Rogo (Post 13087105)
Thanks Again but it did state high school is usually required .

What did?

Rogo Jan 9th 2022 7:47 pm

The Requirements there is a similar program in Manitoba where the Applicant doesn’t need Education , But needs to be working for 6 Months for an Employer in
that Provence

christmasoompa Jan 9th 2022 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Rogo (Post 13087127)
The Requirements there is a similar program in Manitoba where the Applicant doesn’t need Education , But needs to be working for 6 Months for an Employer in
that Provence

Yes, but to be working for 6 months you’ll need a LMIA/TWP - and as above, the NOC requirement state secondary education is required, so you might struggle to be granted a LMIA.

Plus you’ve got to find a sponsoring employer and then be on a temporary visa for at least 12-18 months, quite a risk.

Whereas the FST program would get you PR, plus no education requirement. So I wondered why you had discounted that, are you not eligible?

Rogo Jan 9th 2022 8:11 pm

I Haven’t got the Education certificate or diploma required

christmasoompa Jan 9th 2022 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Rogo (Post 13087132)
I Haven’t got the Education certificate or diploma required

For what? Please let us know which program you’re talking about when you
post for clarity.

Rogo Jan 10th 2022 6:57 am

My point Was the programs you pointed out in the Links for programs in Saskatchewan and Manitoba initially require a high school diploma or certificate to Apply , but then if you are working for 6 months In Either of these Provence’s there is Another program you can Enter but required no Education Certificate for NOC
code C 7511 .

Rogo Jan 10th 2022 7:00 am

Sorry if I’m confusing people here but what is the FST program and what Provence is it Available in

christmasoompa Jan 10th 2022 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Rogo (Post 13087173)
My point Was the programs you pointed out in the Links for programs in Saskatchewan and Manitoba initially require a high school diploma or certificate to Apply , but then if you are working for 6 months In Either of these Provence’s there is Another program you can Enter but required no Education Certificate for NOC
code C 7511 .

I think we're talking at cross purposes. I'm not saying you need education if you've been working there for 6 months to apply for PR, I'm talking about you getting a work permit to go to work there for those initial 6 months. For that you'd need a LMIA, and to get a LMIA you must prove that you meet the criteria under the NOC code, which is what I've linked to above, and which says secondary education is usually required. If you can't get the LMIA then you have no way of doing the required 6 months anyway.

Originally Posted by Rogo (Post 13087174)
Sorry if I’m confusing people here but what is the FST program and what Provence is it Available in

It's a Federal program, Siouxie gave you the link to it above (post no. 37). So you'd get the security of PR without needing to work there first, and you could live anywhere. That would be far preferable, so I'd be checking that very carefully first and seeing if you're eligible.

Rogo Jan 10th 2022 9:03 am

Ok I was getting a bit Confused and probably confusing Everyone Else who was responding so I’ll go and check the Link on
post 37
Thanks Kindly

christmasoompa Jan 10th 2022 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Rogo (Post 13087191)
Ok I was getting a bit Confused and probably confusing Everyone Else who was responding so I’ll go and check the Link on
post 37
Thanks Kindly

No probs. If you're eligible, that's your best option by a mile.

mickfly Jan 25th 2022 7:09 pm

If you are offered an LMIA in some provinces, be aware that you will have to take your Canadian Class 1, which now includes the MELT program and is 121 hrs at a cost of about CAD 10,000