Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Trucker with police caution - any hope?

Wikiposts

Trucker with police caution - any hope?

Old Aug 16th 2008, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trucker with police caution - any hope?

Hello all,

My brother has an interview at the end of August for a trucking job in Canada. He has sent off for his police clearance checks and it has come back showing his 2 cautions. One for assault and one for criminal damage.

Although this sounds awful, one was a fight with his brother years ago and the other was damaging a girlfriend's front door one night when they were both drunk and arguing.

I will contact the trucking company tomorrow to let them know but wondered if anyone on here could advise if this will affect his visa or not? As part of the job he will be required to drive in and out of USA. Will they let him in with cautions?

Hope you can help, he is beside himself with worry.

Thanks,
Ren
Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:07 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trucker with police caution - any hope?

i'm not sure that i could say anything that would put your mind at rest.....i'm quessing that every case is individual!

good luck
Old Aug 17th 2008, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Gibsonlanding - thanks for your good wishes.

Is there anyone else that might be able to offer advice please?

Ren
Old Aug 17th 2008, 10:18 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ren

If you do a search for police cautions, there is quite a lot of info from here.

I do not know much about this but my understanding from previous posts is-

How old the cautions are,

There is a grey area re cautions, ie they are not a conviction, however it seems the CIC regard a caution as an admission of guilt and therefore an admittance of commiting an offence, which should be disclosed.

The actual crime needs to be reviewed against its equivalent in Canada and the penalties that would be given in Canada. Ie there may be something in the UK that is regarded as criminal which isn't in Canada and vice versa.

Sorry I cannot be any more help, I think its important that you receive some advice from a qualified person, Andrew Miller posts on here and may see this thread tomorrow and give you some more info.

Good luck