Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Travelling without PR Travel Doument?

Travelling without PR Travel Doument?

Old Sep 26th 2018, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future
Default Travelling without PR Travel Doument?

Hi!

I was was wondering if anyone has traveled to the USA while their PR card was being renewed and DIDN’T get a travel document?

My husband has surprised us with a trip to Florida in October and going by the current process time for renewing a PR card, I won’t receive it in time. My card expires in the next two weeks.

We will be driving down to Florida from Montreal and I don’t think I will have enough time to get a travel document either! 🤦🏼‍♀️ I read on the government of Canada website that if you are travelling by private vehicle that you can use other documentation to renter Canada. Has anyone done this before? If so, what was your experience? Any problems?

Thanks a million!

Kate 😊
Old Sep 26th 2018, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling without PR Travel Doument?

I have travelled to US via private vehicle at a land border and reentered Canada with just my stamped COPR paperwork.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 6:04 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling without PR Travel Doument?

Originally Posted by Giggles2080
Hi!

I was was wondering if anyone has traveled to the USA while their PR card was being renewed and DIDN’T get a travel document?

My husband has surprised us with a trip to Florida in October and going by the current process time for renewing a PR card, I won’t receive it in time. My card expires in the next two weeks.

We will be driving down to Florida from Montreal and I don’t think I will have enough time to get a travel document either! 🤦🏼‍♀️ I read on the government of Canada website that if you are travelling by private vehicle that you can use other documentation to renter Canada. Has anyone done this before? If so, what was your experience? Any problems?

Thanks a million!

Kate 😊
ETA is for airlines only. It basically promises the airline that you're good to fly. You don't need it to return by private vehicle in the same way you don't need eSTA to cross the US land border.