Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Travelling whilst CHC have your passport?

Travelling whilst CHC have your passport?

Old Aug 15th 2011, 4:35 am
Just Joined

Nikki_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travelling whilst CHC have your passport?

I am currently in the final stages of have my PR processed through outland common-law sponsorship route via London. bit of background... i am currently living in Calgary on a Temporary work permit with my OH (who has PR) and should be getting the passport request through in the next month (based on timelines and information from my lawyer). As i am currently not in the UK i cannot drop my passport off in person and so will have to post it and potentially be without my passport for 6 weeks and im concerned that something may happen to make me need to go back to the UK (family member getting sick or some other emergency along these lines) whilst i dont have my passport. Does anybody know what i would have to do to be able to get home and then back to Calgary as my passport will be sent back here rather than the UK.

Any help on this would be really appreciated