Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Travelling to USA while on Ext. Visitor Visa

Travelling to USA while on Ext. Visitor Visa

Old Aug 26th 2010, 5:40 am
Just Joined

andy__Bee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travelling to USA while on Ext. Visitor Visa

I have searched, but I can not find the answers

Background - So, My parents (British) are in Canada, and they are on an extended visitors visa, which was approved with no problems and now have the paper visa in there passport. They have a flight booked, to leave a couple of days before their extension ends (which will be 12 months total)next year.

My daughter is US by birth, on a US Passport and is awaiting Canadian PR (she has sponsorship approved). She also has an extended visitors visa (paper one as well)

We are PR, so no issues

Issue-

So, we are thinking of all going to the US for a few days. Can anyone confirm if the Visitors Visa becomes invalid when they leave. I'm sure I've read they are, but I cant find reference to it.

i)Anyone have experience or issues getting anothe visitors visa if the old extended one became invalid once they left CDN? We would take evidence of the flight ticket back to the UK in March.

ii)Re my daughter, we have all the PR Documentation, Sponsorship Documentation, US Passport and US Birth certificate.

I assume a) she can travel to the states because of her passport and b) come back in with a new visa?

Obviously, last thing we want to do is risk getting any of the back in to Canada.

Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

Andy

Last edited by andy__Bee; Aug 26th 2010 at 5:42 am.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

quietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nice
Default Re: Travelling to USA while on Ext. Visitor Visa

I've gone to the States twice to visit my parents on an extended visitor visa. I am British, waiting for my PR visa in Canada. I have had no issues on the way back.
As with so many things at the boarder, it probably all depends on who you get...it does say right on the visa "does not authorize re-entry". Then again my student visa said that, and I never had an issue coming back to Canada on that either.
I would think it is a fairly safe bet, but that is just me.
My worry is always the US side...but it sounds like you have close ties with the USA.

Last edited by quietgiroth; Aug 26th 2010 at 8:51 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

webnibs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Travelling to USA while on Ext. Visitor Visa

Hi Andy,
Welcome to BE. Hope your trip to the US goes all OK.
Cheers
Rich & Lou