Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Travelling together on different visas

Wikiposts

Travelling together on different visas

Old Apr 14th 2017, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Sammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Travelling together on different visas

Ok we'll get right on that. Thank you all so, so much for the help you've cleared a lot of things up for me!!
Old Apr 14th 2017, 11:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammilc
Ok we'll get right on that. Thank you all so, so much for the help you've cleared a lot of things up for me!!
No probs. It'll honestly be so much easier and cheaper to just include him on your PR app and both of you go with PR together.

Do just double check your CRS points score as it will have changed now you're taking a spouse and now you know your previous work in Canada won't count for any points.

Good luck.
Old Apr 14th 2017, 1:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously Canada and Canadian Immi is not my thing but with regards to the parrot, surely it would be added proof of a joint relationship? It may be a parrot but it's still a pet that was sold to both of them. If they're light on other proof it wouldn't hurt to include the info would it?
Old Apr 14th 2017, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Sammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud of

I guess their point is that it could only be supporting evidence, not the main body of our argument. Unless I teach her to say 'Matt loves Sam' and then take her along with me to the POE XD
Old Apr 14th 2017, 1:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess their point is that it could only be supporting evidence, not the main body of our argument. Unless I teach her to say 'Matt loves Sam' and then take her along with me to the POE XD
I get that but supporting can be important if the main body is slightly light. Just trying to think outside the box.
Old Apr 14th 2017, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha... the idea of a talking parrot to verify that you are common-law has me in stitches...

I brought one of those talkers with me when I first came to Canada...she was called my wife....
Old Apr 15th 2017, 4:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Obviously Canada and Canadian Immi is not my thing but with regards to the parrot, surely it would be added proof of a joint relationship? It may be a parrot but it's still a pet that was sold to both of them. If they're light on other proof it wouldn't hurt to include the info would it?
It certainly won't hurt, but more 'official' proof will be needed. A quick joint account application and making sure household bills are in both names should soon sort that though!
Old Apr 17th 2017, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Okay here is my issue with putting my bf on my application...

When I do the come to Canada wizard, at one point there is a question which asks ' how many people are you bringing with you to Canada' and the help states that up should select 1 if just yourself, 2 if you and your spouse or partner and so on. When I select 2 here, I get told I am not eligible for a visa.

However if I select 1, a little further on there is a second question that asks 'will your spouse or common law partner be coming with you to Canada' and if I then select yes, it continues and tells me that I am eligible.

I'm worried that if I select no to the first then yes to the second, immigration will think I'm being disingenuous with my application and will reject us both.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 11:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Okay here is my issue with putting my bf on my application...

When I do the come to Canada wizard, at one point there is a question which asks ' how many people are you bringing with you to Canada' and the help states that up should select 1 if just yourself, 2 if you and your spouse or partner and so on. When I select 2 here, I get told I am not eligible for a visa.

However if I select 1, a little further on there is a second question that asks 'will your spouse or common law partner be coming with you to Canada' and if I then select yes, it continues and tells me that I am eligible.

I'm worried that if I select no to the first then yes to the second, immigration will think I'm being disingenuous with my application and will reject us both.
That's not an application though, it's only an eligibility tool. When you come to do the actual application you won't have the same questions so it won't be an issue.

My guess is that the eligibility tool is telling you you're not eligible when you say 2 people because you're not putting enough in the proof of funds amount? Could that be it?

Have you double checked your CRS score with the changes from this thread?
Old Apr 18th 2017, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

With my partner, my crs would be 465 witout hun taking an ielts or having his a levels assessed
Old Apr 18th 2017, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

With my partner, my crs would be 465 witout hun taking an ielts or having his a levels assessed
That's under the proviso that I get a job offer, which I'm relatively confident I could do
Old Apr 18th 2017, 5:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Great, that's definitely high enough. Just checking, but you're not giving yourself any points for Canadian work experience right? As it doesn't seem you've got any 'skilled' work experience there, so it won't count for points purposes.

That's under the proviso that I get a job offer, which I'm relatively confident I could do
Fingers crossed. Don't forget it's a job offer and LMIA to get those extra 50 points, a job offer is only the first hurdle, but hopefully you have skills in demand enough for an employer to be prepared to apply for the LMIA for you.

Best of luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 18th 2017 at 5:45 am.
Old Apr 18th 2017, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Yes, not including any canadian work experience. From what I understand from friends of mine still in hospitality, the industry is desperate for management level staff right now, so hopefully that will translate to a positive lmia. Thanks all for the advice! Keep everything crossed for us
Old Apr 18th 2017, 5:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes, not including any canadian work experience. From what I understand from friends of mine still in hospitality, the industry is desperate for management level staff right now, so hopefully that will translate to a positive lmia. Thanks all for the advice! Keep everything crossed for us
I will! Good luck.