Travelling separately

Old Dec 21st 2018, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

philip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond repute
Default Travelling separately

Is it possible for myself and my 11 year old daughter to travel out separately to my wife and 9 year old son as she will have a few things to sort still in the UK and therefore it might be easier to travel a week later. I have a BCPNP certificate and support letter so plan to apply for a temporary work permit at the border and apply for PR afterwards. My wife would need an open work permit at the border, what would she need to get that?
Also, am I better of applying for the paper based PR before we leave or once landed?
Old Dec 21st 2018, 5:30 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling separately

Originally Posted by philip.arkwright
Is it possible for myself and my 11 year old daughter to travel out separately to my wife and 9 year old son as she will have a few things to sort still in the UK and therefore it might be easier to travel a week later. I have a BCPNP certificate and support letter so plan to apply for a temporary work permit at the border and apply for PR afterwards. My wife would need an open work permit at the border, what would she need to get that?
Also, am I better of applying for the paper based PR before we leave or once landed?
Your wife would need a copy of your work permit, employment contract and BCPNP certificate, I believe, in order to obtain a Spousal Open Work Permit. You can read more here: https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous..._Permit-Canada
You will both need to ask for Visitor Records for your children on entry as well, if you wish them to attend school. (not student permits unless they are over 18)

Personally I would recommend applying for PR as soon as you are able to - no point in delaying unless you need to!

"Landed" by the way, is a term used when you "Land" as a Permanent Resident, not when you get off the plane and go through immigration as a temp worker or visitor..

Don't forget your Goods To Follow lists when you move over under a TWP if you are intending on shipping your worldly goods over.

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 21st 2018 at 5:33 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2018, 6:30 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Your wife would need a copy of your work permit, employment contract and BCPNP certificate, I believe, in order to obtain a Spousal Open Work Permit. You can read more here: https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous..._Permit-Canada

You will both need to ask for Visitor Records for your children on entry as well, if you wish them to attend school. (not student permits unless they are over 18)

Personally I would recommend applying for PR as soon as you are able to - no point in delaying unless you need to!

"Landed" by the way, is a term used when you "Land" as a Permanent Resident, not when you get off the plane and go through immigration as a temp worker or visitor..

Don't forget your Goods To Follow lists when you move over under a TWP if you are intending on shipping your worldly goods over.

As The parents are traveling separately with the children, they each will require a statement from the non accompanying parent that they give permission for the child to travel with the parent. Not always asked for, but save yourself some possible troubles, by having the document in hand.

"

If a minor child is travelling with one parent only

The parent should present:
  • the child’s passport
  • a copy of the child’s birth certificate, and
  • a letter of authorization, in English or French if possible, which is signed by the parent who is not travelling with them and lists:
    • the address and telephone number of the parent who is not travelling, and
    • a photocopy of that parent’s signed passport or national identity card."

Old Dec 21st 2018, 6:42 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

As The parents are traveling separately with the children, they each will require a statement from the non accompanying parent that they give permission for the child to travel with the parent. Not always asked for, but save yourself some possible troubles, by having the document in hand.

"
If a minor child is travelling with one parent only

The parent should present:
  • the child’s passport
  • a copy of the child’s birth certificate, and
  • a letter of authorization, in English or French if possible, which is signed by the parent who is not travelling with them and lists:
    • the address and telephone number of the parent who is not travelling, and
    • a photocopy of that parent’s signed passport or national identity card."

Very good point PMM!
Thanks for the reminder
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

philip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to both of you. I’ll remember to use ‘landed’ correctly next time 👍🏼😃