Travelling back to canada

Old Jan 1st 2021, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Gloriajean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travelling back to canada

Hi I hope to travel back to Canada from UK in. Few weeks ?? but I haven’t got my landed resident card back applied over 6 months ago it was out of date can I travel with my landed immigrant papers .

Appriciate any feedback
Old Jan 1st 2021, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling back to canada

Originally Posted by Gloriajean
Hi I hope to travel back to Canada from UK in. Few weeks ?? but I haven’t got my landed resident card back applied over 6 months ago it was out of date can I travel with my landed immigrant papers .

Appriciate any feedback
Short answer No you will need to apply for the PRTD unless you get your new PR card.
Old Jan 1st 2021, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Short answer No you will need to apply for the PRTD unless you get your new PR card.
Thank You where will I apply in Wales for PRTD. Thank You
Old Jan 1st 2021, 3:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-document.html

HTH.
Old Jan 1st 2021, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Look at Canada.ca for details as to what documentation is required and how to apply.
Old Jan 1st 2021, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

How to apply follow this link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-to-apply.html

You will be using the London VAC Office and their link is below

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/gbr/en/can
Old Jan 1st 2021, 5:22 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
How to apply follow this link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-to-apply.html

You will be using the London VAC Office and their link is below

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/gbr/en/can
1. The OP should note that a negative Covid test would probably be required, within 72 hours of any flight to Canada after January 7th,.
Old Jan 1st 2021, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi I’m not looking for a visa Iv been waiting for my Permanent residence card just need a number I can call from U.K. to get something so I can return to Canada.
Old Jan 1st 2021, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I’m not looking for a visa Iv been waiting for my Permanent residence card just need a number I can call from U.K. to get something so I can return to Canada.

Thought you had returned in September 2020 to the UK after 39 years of living in Canada.

You are returning to Canada?
Old Jan 1st 2021, 8:11 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

It's not for a visa - you are required to obtain a Permanent Resident Travel Document to get on a flight, if your PR card has expired or you haven't received a replacement. You will need the form given in the first link by Christmasoompa / Former Lancastrian - and the London Vsf.global office is where you will have to send it (or go and collect it from). I suggest reading the links given - they explain how to get one and what you will need to provide.
You have to complete the forms, give the information and backing documentation - then they will issue one to you, provided you meet the regulations.
No phone calls will magic up your PR card nor a PRTD, unfortunately.. just filling out the forms and submitting.

As you are not in Canada, they can't send you a replacement PR card - you have to be IN Canada to get one - so if you didn't receive it before you left, applying for a PRTD will be required for you to get on a flight.. sorry
Old Jan 1st 2021, 8:32 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It's not for a visa - you are required to obtain a Permanent Resident Travel Document to get on a flight, if your PR card has expired or you haven't received a replacement. You will need the form given in the first link by Christmasoompa / Former Lancastrian - and the London Vsf.global office is where you will have to send it (or go and collect it from). I suggest reading the links given - they explain how to get one and what you will need to provide.
You have to complete the forms, give the information and backing documentation - then they will issue one to you, provided you meet the regulations.
No phone calls will magic up your PR card nor a PRTD, unfortunately.. just filling out the forms and submitting.

As you are not in Canada, they can't send you a replacement PR card - you have to be IN Canada to get one - so if you didn't receive it before you left, applying for a PRTD will be required for you to get on a flight.. sorry
1. I don't know if the OP's response in regards to a visa is in response to the negative test before flying. But it applies to everyone over the age of 5, Visitors, PRs, Citizens.

"The Minister of Transport, the Honourable Marc Garneau, is requiring that, effective January 7, 2021, at 12:01 a.m. EST, all air passengers five years of age or older will be required to test negative for COVID-19 before travelling from another country to Canada. This implementation date provides all airlines, both foreign and domestic, adequate time to comply with the new requirements.

Documentation of a negative laboratory test result must be presented to the airline prior to boarding a flight to Canada. The test must be performed using a COVID-19 molecular polymerase chain reaction (or PCR) test and must be taken within 72 hours prior to the traveller’s scheduled departure to Canada. Canadians who are currently travelling and returning to Canada soon should start immediately arranging for a COVID-19 test, to avoid a delay in their return to Canada. Canadians who are planning to travel abroad should consider how they will meet these requirements before departure. "

Old Jan 1st 2021, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie

I applied 6 months before I left but because of Covid I didn’t get it back . Anyone know if I can mail it I’m 4 hours from London and don’t drive I’m 66
Old Jan 1st 2021, 9:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I applied 6 months before I left but because of Covid I didn’t get it back . Anyone know if I can mail it I’m 4 hours from London and don’t drive I’m 66
The link given above gives you full details on how to apply, you don’t need to do it in person. Make sure you apply ASAP if you want to travel anytime soon.

Good luck.
Old Jan 1st 2021, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The link given above gives you full details on how to apply, you don’t need to do it in person. Make sure you apply ASAP if you want to travel anytime soon.

Good luck.

The OP said she had applied for it 6 months ago while in Canada . So goodness knows how long it is going to take now she is in the UK !
Old Jan 1st 2021, 11:31 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You can't apply for a PR card renewal unless you are IN Canada - and it has to be delivered to an address IN Canada https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpce....asp?qnum=1458... was anyone checking and collecting your mailbox in Canada for you? They may have attempted to deliver your PR card, or they may have written and asked you to contact them - but unless you had someone checking / collecting your mail you won't know.
You can’t have a third party mail your PR card to you while you’re outside Canada. We don’t send PR cards to non-Canadian addresses.
As to the PRTD, you don't have to apply in person.. it's optional! See the links given

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The OP said she had applied for it 6 months ago while in Canada . So goodness knows how long it is going to take now she is in the UK !
The PRTD can only be applied for outside of Canada. The OP appears to have applied for her PR card renewal 6 months ago, not a PRTD - and they will not deliver a PR card to an address outside of Canada..
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...w-replace.html

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 2nd 2021 at 4:21 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.