British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Travel Info and evidence question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/travel-info-evidence-question-899244/)

bains_1 Jul 7th 2017 9:32 pm

Travel Info and evidence question

Hi all,

I have recently received my ITA and have submitted all the docs. I received a message to update some files....within 7 days.

The travel documentation and when I click to find more info I see this message: You must provide information on your valid visa from the United States as well as previous travel history. This can include copies of
• your previous passports and/or visas (used within the last 10 years to travel outside your country)
• entry and exit stamps
• study and/or work permits that indicate your duration outside of your country
• expired or valid visas
• boarding passes
If you hold a valid visa from the United States, provide a clear, scanned copy of your visa. If you are living outside your country of citizenship, please submit a copy of your immigration status document for the country where you currently reside. This could be a work permit, study permit, visa, or any other document that authorizes you to be in the country where you are living.

I haven't been to the USA. Do I still need to find documentation foe each of the visits? I don't have anything for the EU visits (20 of them in the past 10 years)

Can anyone suggest thins I could use as evidence?

Also I have been asked to provide a schedule A form (which i have completed again - but i have added any extra info) Does anyone know what I might have got wrong that they have asked for a replacement.

and finally they have put all the upload buttons in my named area but some are for my husband - should I just add them in the wrong place and hope for the best?

Thank you for taking the time to read

EmmaB

raindropsandroses Jul 10th 2017 11:23 pm

Re: Travel Info and evidence question

Originally Posted by bains_1 (Post 12289355)
Hi all,

I have recently received my ITA and have submitted all the docs. I received a message to update some files....within 7 days.

The travel documentation and when I click to find more info I see this message: You must provide information on your valid visa from the United States as well as previous travel history. This can include copies of
• your previous passports and/or visas (used within the last 10 years to travel outside your country)
• entry and exit stamps
• study and/or work permits that indicate your duration outside of your country
• expired or valid visas
• boarding passes
If you hold a valid visa from the United States, provide a clear, scanned copy of your visa. If you are living outside your country of citizenship, please submit a copy of your immigration status document for the country where you currently reside. This could be a work permit, study permit, visa, or any other document that authorizes you to be in the country where you are living.

I haven't been to the USA. Do I still need to find documentation foe each of the visits? I don't have anything for the EU visits (20 of them in the past 10 years)

Can anyone suggest thins I could use as evidence?

Also I have been asked to provide a schedule A form (which i have completed again - but i have added any extra info) Does anyone know what I might have got wrong that they have asked for a replacement.

and finally they have put all the upload buttons in my named area but some are for my husband - should I just add them in the wrong place and hope for the best?

Thank you for taking the time to read

EmmaB

When we did ours last year for the non EU travel I scanned each of the pages of all of our passports which had stamps/marks on.

For the EU travel I did a word document listing all of the dates and locations and added a note that as it was open borders the list was to the best of my memory but that I had looked back through diaries and photos to try and get bit as accurate as possible. Finally I merged all of the travel stuff into one PDF file and shrunk the size.

It was accepted without question so it worked for us, I'm no expert though :)

What do you mean by some of the upload buttons are for your husband? Which ones? Who is the principal applicant?

Is schedule A IMM5669? The background declaration? Did you complete separate ones for both you and your husband?

Engineer_abroad Jul 11th 2017 3:49 pm

Asking for an updated schedule A is pretty common. We got asked for a new one for my wife 2 weeks ago. The cynic in me would say its a delaying tactic to allow them to put the application back into a pile of 'looked at and requires more info'.

As for travel we did a similar thing to raindropsandroses. This wont apply to you but for others you can see your entry and exit details for the USA on the I94 website of the US government. https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/

bains_1 Sep 17th 2017 5:43 am

Update for those that read this thread.

I have successfully received the COPR.

I resent the information requested with as much detail as I could.

I uploaded in the only place I could (under husband's name) although I was principle applicant - I suspect they just added them at the bottom rather than under my name.

I had luckily taken a screen shot of the travel and the personal history sections of the form so I referred to that and resent.
I hope this helps someone later.

Thanks