Wikiposts

Travel Document/PR Card - Help!!

Old Dec 16th 2013, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

mush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Travel Document/PR Card - Help!!

Hey all,

I need to go home for Christmas, as it could be my moms last one But I don't have a PR Card yet (only got my landing certificate last week).

I have looked into the travel document, but this takes 7 working days to process, and when you take out the weekends and holidays I'm not even home for 7 working days.

Is there any other way to get back into Canada without a PR Card??
Old Dec 16th 2013, 12:22 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel Document/PR Card - Help!!

Need some more information, but read this thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778567

Your PR card is not required for travel. You say you don't have a travel document, do you mean you don't have your passport? What country are you a citizen of? Where are you currently living/residing? Need a bit more information and detail to help out.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

mush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, yes I have a valid passport which has the pr stamp in it, but I was told I would need a pr card or travel document to re-enter. Currently a UK citizen living in Canada, my boyfriend/sponsor won't be traveling with me this time.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 12:37 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it will be an issue. Read the thread that I linked to in my first post. When my husband landed last December, he had the PR card sent to my parents' house, we visited for two weeks, and then returned to the UK. We travelled back to Canada the following June. My parents had my husband's PR card as it had arrived in the post, my husband did not have it on him. The border agent did ask if he had his PR card, he said no, it was mailed to his in-laws, they had it. She just said OK and that was that.

From reading previous posts on a similar topic, often the airlines like to see a PR card to know that you won't get turned away at the border, as it's then the airline's responsibility (and cost) to return you to where you flew from. However, as a UK citizen, you don't require a visa to enter Canada, and very few UK citizens are refused entry to Canada anyway, so boarding the plane should not be a problem at all. For when you cross into Canada, tell the border agent you are a PR but you have not yet received your card. Take all your documentation with you just in case, but they'll also have it in their system that you're a PR.

HTH!
Old Dec 16th 2013, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

That's a huge help thank you so so much for letting me know, that takes a lot of pressure off of my trip...now I can just enjoy it! Merry Christmas