transferral of student/work visa

Old Jul 13th 2005, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

ABL25 will become famous soon enoughABL25 will become famous soon enough
Question transferral of student/work visa

Hi,
we are all set to "land" in Canada on 29th July with student visa (wife) & work visa (me) - PR application is "in process" since Nov '04. All is sorted and my wife is set to start college on Sept 6th for a 2 year course) while I find myself a job to pay the bills.

However, while looking through the job sites, my wife saw a job that she is qualified for and keen to do, so has applied and has now been invited for an informal chat with the "man" in mid August. The emails that we have received indicate that they are keen to offer a job. So the questions are:-

1. Assuming that Jo is offered a job and the college allow me to take her place, can we apply to CHC to "swap" visas without any problems?

2. If while on a student visa can Jo have an application for a work visa put in from her "employer" or indeed go through the sponsorship program for a quicker route to PR. (If agreed, this would obviously render my spousal work permit invalid as Jo isn't studying anymore, so I'd then need to apply to the college anyway to get a student visa).

3. Would either of these routes cause us any problems with CHC. We don't want to break any rules or regulations, or do anything that would affect our long term aim of becoming Permanent residents (& then finally citizens)

Thanks for your assistance
Alex
Old Jul 18th 2005, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

ABL25 will become famous soon enoughABL25 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: transferral of student/work visa

Hi all,
can anyone help rest my concerns??

cheers
Alex (11 days and counting )

Originally Posted by ABL25
Hi,
we are all set to "land" in Canada on 29th July with student visa (wife) & work visa (me) - PR application is "in process" since Nov '04. All is sorted and my wife is set to start college on Sept 6th for a 2 year course) while I find myself a job to pay the bills.

However, while looking through the job sites, my wife saw a job that she is qualified for and keen to do, so has applied and has now been invited for an informal chat with the "man" in mid August. The emails that we have received indicate that they are keen to offer a job. So the questions are:-

1. Assuming that Jo is offered a job and the college allow me to take her place, can we apply to CHC to "swap" visas without any problems?

2. If while on a student visa can Jo have an application for a work visa put in from her "employer" or indeed go through the sponsorship program for a quicker route to PR. (If agreed, this would obviously render my spousal work permit invalid as Jo isn't studying anymore, so I'd then need to apply to the college anyway to get a student visa).

3. Would either of these routes cause us any problems with CHC. We don't want to break any rules or regulations, or do anything that would affect our long term aim of becoming Permanent residents (& then finally citizens)

Thanks for your assistance
Alex