Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Transfer application - Mr. Miller please advise. Thanks

Wikiposts

Transfer application - Mr. Miller please advise. Thanks

Old Nov 18th 2002, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

xma626 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transfer application - Mr. Miller please advise. Thanks

If I have skilled worker immigration application processed at Buffalo, how do I request Buffalo to transfer my application to other process center? Will the new regulation affect the transferring?

Are there any forms I need to fill up or just send them a letter? If a letter, what should be stated in the letter?

How long will it take?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 19th 2002, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Transfer application - Mr. Miller please advise. Thanks

under irpa, visa office's are not obligated to transfer files anymore... you can request a file transfer, but it likely wont happen unless the reason is good enough...

the buffalo website clearly states they will not entertain file transfers...

Originally posted by xma626
If I have skilled worker immigration application processed at Buffalo, how do I request Buffalo to transfer my application to other process center? Will the new regulation affect the transferring?

Are there any forms I need to fill up or just send them a letter? If a letter, what should be stated in the letter?

How long will it take?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 19th 2002, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

xma626 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bighead
under irpa, visa office's are not obligated to transfer files anymore... you can request a file transfer, but it likely wont happen unless the reason is good enough...

the buffalo website clearly states they will not entertain file transfers...
Could you please give me the link of buffalo website that you mentioned? Thank you very much!
Old Nov 19th 2002, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/menu-en.asp?act=v&did=1395&mid=5&cat=501&typ=1

look at the last faq question in the processing times section about file transfers, just above the section "Making a change to your application"...

<snip>

Question:

Last month I sent my file transfer fee to Nairobi requesting that my file be transferred to the Consulate General in Buffalo. Have you received my file? When can I expect to receive my visa?

Answer:

If your file was transferred before 28 June 2002, you should allow 3-4 months for it to arrive at its destination. Under the new Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, we no longer transfer files.

<unsnip>

Originally posted by xma626
Could you please give me the link of buffalo website that you mentioned? Thank you very much!